Computer Science for All Girls: June 16-21, 2019
Rising 6th – 8th Grade
The Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, Computer Science and Software Engineering Department in partnership with Auburn Youth Programs, invites you to join us for Computer Science for All Girls (CS4ALL-G) Camp. This uniquely exciting residential and commuter camp is directed by Dr. Daniela Marghitu and taught by graduate students. This camp, located in Computer Science and Software Engineering laboratories, aims to foster interest in computer science among rising middle school 6th – 8th girls by providing an engaging and active programming development experience using Computer Science Unplugged kinesthetic activities, Microsoft Kodu, and App Inventor to teach basic computer programming skills in a fun environment. Our campers will also have the opportunity to interact with well-established computer science professionals.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Classes will take place in the Shelby Technology Center.
Dr. Daniela Marghitu
The program is developed and directed by the Department of Computer Science and Software Engineering's faculty member Daniela Marghitu and taught by students from the department.
A limited number of scholarships will be provided for special needs and underserved students. (Note - Scholarship recipients will only have to pay $45 for registration fees). If you have any questions, please contact Daniela Marghitu at 334.844.6386 or Daniela.Marghitu@auburn.edu
You may apply for the scholarship by completing the CSSE Summer Camp Scholarship Application below.
Camp Fees are $650 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Recreational activities
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: January 9, 2019