Advanced Chef Tech Academy: July 21-26, 2019
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
Advanced Chef Tech Academy, developed by Chef Sidney Corum, Founder of Chef Ago Go and Greek Life Services, is being conducted at Auburn University for students who are interested in cooking, the culinary arts, learning about health wellness, and becoming chefs. This camp is ideal for students with previous culinary experience and interest who are looking to advance their skills and abilities in the kitchen.
During camp, our highly trained staff of professional chefs will cover all the important areas and information needed to prepare campers for a career in the culinary arts. Campers will not only explore academic opportunities but participate in hands-on master classes in knife skills, food safety, culinary presentation, sauce preparation, grilling, braising and sautéing.
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
Campers will have various meal options for breakfast in The Student Center. Lunch will be personally cooked by each team of students in the Nutrition Kitchen Lab, located in Spidle Hall. Dinner is held in The Terrell Dining facility, where campers will have unlimited options of a buffet-style meal.
Campers will spend majority of their instructional time in the Nutrition Kitchen Lab located inside Spidle Hall for their culinary instruction
Chef Sidney Corum
Mr. Corum has more than 20 years of experience in the food service industry, having managed provision accounts for some of Los Angeles’ most popular restaurants including Jerry’s Deli and Langers. He has also worked as an account executive, servicing major hotels such as Caesar’s Palace, the Las Vegas Hilton and the Sands Hotel. His passion for fine food and desire to provide exemplary service were instrumental in establishing his business, Chef Ago Go.
Camp Fees are $850 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Please Note: Crew neck t-shirts or long sleeve shirts must be worn in the kitchen
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- Four (4) pairs of jeans/long pants (no leggings) for working in the kitchen
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes – must be worn everyday
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: January 9, 2019