ACT Boot Camp – Session 1: June 2-7, 2019; Session 2: July 7-12, 2019
Rising 9th – 12th Grade
ACT Boot Camp is an all-inclusive test prep program that provides students with the tools they need to prepare for, and excel on, the ACT test. Students will receive in-depth review of the exam materials, insight into strategies for succeeding on standardized tests, a comprehensive study plan, and extended online support. It also offers unique first-hand experiences into the world of Auburn Admissions, Career Services, Student Involvement, and Auburn Athletics! ACT Boot Camp is here to help students meet their full potential while also getting to experience all the fun summer camp can provide!
Camp participants will experience campus-life while residing in Auburn's resident dormitories, eating at campus dining facilities, and enjoying evening social and recreational activities. Campers will have 24/7 counselor supervision.
ACT Boot Camp includes:
- 20 hours of expert classroom instruction
- Experienced, expert instructors
- Course textbook: The Official ACT Prep Guide
- Real ACT practice questions and tests
- Course workbook
- Thorough presentations and explanations
- Easy-to-follow study plan
- Access to online support resources
- 4 hours of live-online review leading up to the fall test dates
Four online review sessions are held in the weeks leading up to the fall ACT test dates. The interactive, one-hour online review sessions allow students to participate and ask questions of expert test prep instructors. The live-online review sessions are recorded—students can still benefit even if their schedules don’t allow live participation.
Upcoming ACT Test Dates: June 8, 2019 and July 13, 2019
Classes will take place in the newly renovated Mell Classroom Building. It is within walking distance from dorms, dining facilities, and other Auburn University Schools and Colleges.
Auburn Youth Programs partners with Education Testing Consultants (ETC) to provide courses specifically designed for ACT Boot Camp. The program is led by a team of former standardized exam question writers and test preparation experts who care about your success! Students will also have access to our expert ETC instructors beyond your classroom experience.
Camp Fees are $850 and include the following items:
- On campus housing
- All meals, snacks and drinks while at camp
- Program instruction, materials and equipment
- Transportation to and from off-campus field-trip sites
- Recreational activities
Applicants intending to commute to camp can contact Auburn Youth Programs at 334-844-5100 to receive a coupon code for the discounted rate.
If a registration is canceled for any reason, the individual or organization making the original CAMP FEE payment will receive:
- A full refund, with a $25 administrative fee deduction, if the cancellation request is received at least 4 weeks prior to the start date of the program;
- A refund of 50%, if the cancellation request is received less than 4 weeks prior but at least 2 weeks prior to the program start date;
- No refund for a "No Show" or for a cancellation request received less than 2 weeks prior to the start date of the program.
Note: A registration may be transferred to another person at any time for a $25 transfer fee.
What to Bring to Camp:
Please pack lightly – but do not forget to bring bedding, a towel, and toiletries.
Campers should refrain from bringing no more than one (1) suitcase and one (1) personal sized bag to camp.
Need more room in your suitcase? Don’t pack your bedding, have it ready at check-in by purchasing a Linens Package!
- XL twin sheets/thick blanket or sleeping bag and pillow
- Alarm Clock
- Phone Charger
- Body Wash
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste
- Bath Towel
Clothing & Shoes:
- T-shirts: Loose fitting, tank tops must have straps three fingers wide and cover all undergarments
- Shorts: At least 3.5” inseam
- One (1) pair of jeans/long pants
- Tennis Shoes: We walk up to 6 miles daily!
- Closed toed shoes
- Swimsuit: For girls, a modest one piece swimsuit. For boys, no speedos or jammers.
- Flip-flops or Water Shoes: For the pool
- Sweatshirt or Jacket
- Dress up Outfit: Dressy casual (modest) outfit (e.g.: modest sundress, polo & khakis, pants & blouse)
- Rain Jacket or Poncho
- Laundry Bag
- Beach Towel: For the pool
- Bug spray/Sunscreen
- $50 key/meal card deposit: Make check payable to Auburn University
- Spending Money
Last Updated: January 9, 2019