2012 Alabama Poverty Project Summer Workshop
and Higher Education Alliance Annual Meeting
Developing a Long Term Vision to
Unlock Alabama's Potential
Education • Engagement • Advocacy
When and Where
- Tuesday, July 24
- 10 A.M. to 2 P.M.
- Alabama Poverty Project at Southside Baptist Church
- "Cultivating a State of Readiness"
- Jon Mason, Director, Serve Alabama: The Governor's Office of Faith-Base and Volunteer Service
- "Alabama's Civic Health Index"
- Cristin Foster, David Mathews Center for Civic Life
- "House United: Alabama and Auburn Come Together to Rebuild Alabama"
- Ralph Foster, Director of Public Service, Auburn University
- Joyce Thomas-Vinson, Program Administrator, Student Engagement and Service Learning
- Art Pearce, Executive Director of Alabama Association of Habitat Affiliates
- "Be Prepared: Students Advocate for Storm Readiness"
- Phi Theta Kappa, Northwest-Shoals Community College, Phil Campbell Campus
- Reflection and Discussion
- Kent Andersen, Director, Hess Center for Leadership and Service, Birmingham-Southern College
Early Bird Tickets
- $40 Higher Ed Faculty and Staff
- $20 Students, AmeriCorps Volunteers, Community Partners
- Lunch included in ticket price
- CEUs available
- Paying with a credit card? Buy tickets online.
- Paying by check? Mail it to:
Alabama Poverty Project
PO Box 55058
Birmingham, AL 35255
- Payment must be received by Tuesday, July 17, in order to receive the early bird discount.
Last Updated: July 12, 2012