Drawing on examples of other university-based economic partnerships, such as the Research Triangle in North Carolina, the I-85 Corridor Alliance™ strives to promote productive cooperative partnership among various stakeholder interests in the region of central and eastern Alabama defined by the counties linked by Interstate 85 from Montgomery to the Georgia state line.
Auburn University and the Auburn/Opelika metropolitan area serves as the hub of Alliance™ activity focused on
- Providing a forum among stakeholders with a goal of creating an overall economic vision for the region
- Creating development strategies which draw upon the unique assets of the region and its communities
- Creating a brand identity for promoting the region to outside interests
- Conducting joint projects of mutual benefit and interest to the region’s stakeholders
- Promoting development initiatives of individual stakeholder partners to leverage value for the region.
The Alliance™ strives to reach across city, county and political lines to promote value added development of the region, ultimately creating high quality, high paying jobs, better quality of life and increased prosperity for all citizens along the corridor.