Intensive Course: Alumni Comments
What Others Are Saying
- "This course provides a comprehensive overview of of the economic development process for anyone involved or interested in economic development. It provides access to resources and contacts that will prove helpful to participants for years to come."
– Greg Barker, Senior Vice President, Marketing and Economic Development, Alabama Power Company
- "Auburn’s Intensive Economic Development Training Course is the starting place – whether you’re new to the economic development profession, or coming to Alabama from another economic development community, or a newly–elected local official who needs to understand the process and the contacts. I think it’s the most valuable training in the basics and the contacts you gain are icing on the cake."
– Linda Swann, Former Assistant Secretary, Alabama Department of Commerce
- "The Auburn Intensive Course is the essential economic development primer if you are involved in community and economic development in Alabama. I continually promote this ECDI course to the counties and communities where I work, because I want them to understand the various avenues to prosperity, and I want them to be prepared for opportunities."
– Nisa Miranda, Director, University Center for Economic Development, The University of Alabama
- "The ECDI Intensive Course at AU is a major component of the AIDT professional development plans for myself and many of my staff. As a course faculty member, I know the interaction between participants and presenters is an incredible learning exercise."
– Ed Castile, Director, AIDT; Deputy Secretary of Commerce,Workforce Development, Alabama Department of Commerce
Other Alumni Comments
- "Outstanding course! All material was relevant and provided by first–class faculty. I appreciate the many contacts I made."
- "Great information, so glad all presentations will be on a Google site for us to download and refer back to. Really enjoyed the entire conference."
- "This has been a tremendous learning opportunity…This experience has infused me with enthusiasm and a new confidence in where Alabama is headed. Thank you for providing this and for keeping it fresh and dynamic."
- "Excellent; best program I have attended; experts on the agenda; well–planned and organized; great networking."
- "This course was very effective in giving a strong foundation to a career in economic development. The speakers were both highly-qualified and passionate about their work, and this was reflected in their lectures."
- "I am fairly new in my position, and this course really helped me understand the process of economic development. I wish this course was mandatory for all community leaders."
- "This course has tremendous value for all Alabama citizens. The course material is well–chosen and targeted to the goal of economic development education."
- "Thank you for a wonderful program; I will recommend it to others."
- "Great class. Everyone who works in economic development needs to come to this."
- "Course was very helpful for me as a young person just entering the profession. I especially enjoyed hearing from practitioners in direct project management, financing, marketing, and site selection. Overall, GREAT week with GREAT people!"
- "Outstanding presenters, excellent 'take home' information participants may put to good use."
- "I could not have gotten these resources anywhere else."
- "The materials presented will be a valuable resource to use in the future. Very good overview and in–depth look at the various topics."
- "Excellent. Networking was a wonderful opportunity."
- "The course will serve as a valuable asset to my professional development."
- "I have really enjoyed this course. It has provided me with many tools, ideas and examples that will help me in my quest to become more productive in my community."
- "Great information all around. Very useful."
Last Updated: June 6, 2016