49th Annual Alabama County Government Institute
Building Smarter Counties: Addressing the Challenges of Cyber Security, Technology and ADA Compliancy
Join us for the 49th Annual Alabama County Government Institute on June 19-20, 2019 (Wednesday 10:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. and Thursday 8:00 A.M. – 12 Noon) in Prattville, Alabama.
Benefits of attending:
- Networking opportunities – make connections with peers and presenters
- Stay informed on the most current topics and trends
- Learn best practices and how other communities are tackling tough issues
- Share your community’s successes and lessons learned
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
- Alabama Association of Tax Administrators
- Alabama Association of Assessing Officials
- Lathan Associates
Topics to be discussed include:
- Cyber security threats and issues for counties from David Umphress, Ph.D. COLSA Professor of Cybersecurity and Information Assurance, Director, Auburn Cyber Research Center
- Alabama Office of Information Technology from Ryan Allen, Chief Information Security Officer, State of Alabama, Office of Information Technology
- Panel of Voices from the Field of Information Technology from Louis Bode, COO/CIO, Cedo Group, LLC; Phil Burns, COO, Shelby County, Lou Ialacci, IT Director, Montgomery County
- Website an Electronic Communication and ADA Compliancy from Dr. Ed Youngblood, Associate Professor, School of Communications & Journalism, Co-Director, Laboratory fo Usability, Communication, Interaction, and Accessibility
- Alabama’s Data Breach Notification Law
- Social Media Cyber Security Risks
- Knowing the Limit of Your Cyber Security: Penetration Testing and Passive Network Assessment from Antonio Rucci, Director InfoSec & Threat Intelligene, GRIDSMART Technologies
- Key Exposures for Counties
- National Security Programs and Best Practices from Brian Namey, Chief Public Affairs Officer National Association of Counties and Dr. Tim Rahschulte
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
Cyber Security Threats and Issues for Counties
Alabama Office of Information Technology
|12:00 PM||Luncheon - Sponsored by the Alabama Association of Tax Administrators|
Panel: Voices from the Field
Website and Electronic Communication ADA Compliancy
|3:30 PM||Alabama’s Data Breach Notification Law|
|4:15 PM||Social Media Cyber Security Risks|
Thursday, June 20, 2019
Knowing the Limits of Your Cyber Security: Penetration Testing and Passive Network Assessment
Key Exposures for Counties
National Security Programs and Best Practices
The registration fee of $225 includes the Institute and associated materials, continental breakfasts, group luncheon and reception. Travel, lodging and other meals are the responsibility of individual participants.
The institute will be held at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel & Conference Center at Capitol Hill.
Past Conference Info
The 48th Annual Alabama County Government Institute was held on June 20-22, 2018 at the Montgomery Marriott Prattville Hotel & Conference Center at Capitol Hill in Prattville, Alabama.
The 47th Annual Alabama County Government Institute was held on June 28-29, 2017 at the Legends at Capitol Hill in Prattville, Alabama.
The 46th Annual Alabama County Government Institute was held on June 23-24, 2016 at the Auburn Marriott Opelika Hotel & Conference Center at Grand National.
Slides from the 2016 Conference
- Alabama Rural Health Care Issues and Challenges by Dale E. Quinney
- Alabama Taxes Are They Adequate Fair and Reliable by Dr. Samuel Addy
- Economic Development Panel Chambers County by Valerie Gray
- Economic Development Panel EDPA
- Economic Essentials by Joe A. Sumners
- Economic Vitality Deliberative Forum by Ted Abernathy
Last Updated: May 10, 2019