Outreach Scholarship Symposium: Advancing Transformative Engagement
The Office of the Vice President for University Outreach announces the 2014-15 call for presentation and poster proposals for the Outreach Scholarship Symposium (OSS) which will begin the afternoon of February 23rd at the Auburn University Hotel and Dixon Conference Center and continue February 24th and 25th, 2015 at the Auburn University Student Center. This solicitation is for 15 minute symposia and 30 minute poster presentations for the symposium. We welcome proposals that showcase Outreach, Extension and the scholarship of engagement from faculty, community professionals and students, collaborative teams, partnering scholars; especially from other institutions.
Purpose and Scope of the Symposium
The purpose of the symposium is to showcase public engagement, to inform and offer best practice guidance for outreach and engagement practice, and promote engaged scholarship through a professional conference. The symposium also seeks to promote, recognize, support, and appreciate faculty, students and community partners who are addressing critical needs in the state of Alabama and beyond as described in the Auburn University Strategic Plan and Chapter 3 of the Auburn University Faculty Handbook
The following requirements should be carefully considered before submitting an OSS presentation proposal:
- Presentation proposals for 2015 Outreach Scholarship Symposium are due on
Monday, December 8th by 11:59 p.m.
- All presentation proposals must describe an outreach, extension, and/or engaged activity that meets the university definition of outreach as stated in Chapter 3 of the Auburn University Faculty Handbook. The proposal should describe scholarly produce anticipated or published.
- All presentation proposals must utilize the proposal e-form to submit their proposal, 15 minute symposia or 30 minute poster respectively.
- All presenters with accepted presentation proposals must register to attend the Outreach Scholarship Symposium. There is no cost to register.
- Student presenters must name a faculty sponsor on the respective proposal e-form.
Authors of presentation proposals will receive three email notifications. The first email notification will confirm receipt of the proposal. The second email notification will be sent after the proposals are reviewed by the Outreach Scholarship Symposium Program Committee, and will indicate whether or not the presentation proposal has been accepted. Those accepted for presentation will receive a third email describing the date and time of the respective symposia or poster presentation, further instructions, and invitation to register to attend the symposium. This third and final notification can be expected in January 2015. All authors can expect an email invitation to register to attend the symposium.
- Click here to view the programs from past Outreach Scholarship Symposiums.
Last Updated: October 6, 2014