Mission and Goals
The mission of ECDI is to promote economic prosperity and improved quality of life for communities throughout Alabama.
ECDI has four primary goals, which define our key program and service areas:
- Education and Training: Improve the practice of economic and community development in Alabama through targeted educational programs.
- Research and Communication: Conduct research and disseminate findings on issues related to economic and community development in Alabama.
- Connections and Partnerships: Facilitate communication, coordination, and partnerships among Alabama’s economic development community, Extension, and Auburn University.
- Provide administrative support for the I-85 Corridor Alliance
- Participate on economic and community development advisory boards throughout the state
- Support and facilitate Auburn University and Extension faculty and staff engagement in community and economic development projects, programs and initiatives
- Maintain strong relations and provide support to tourism agencies and organizations throughout the state – and coordinate the development of rural tourism partnerships
- Consultation and Engagement: Help build and strengthen economic and community capacity in Alabama communities through a) leadership development, b) civic engagement, c) strategic planning, and d) economic development.
Last Updated: July 19, 2012