The Institute is hosted by the Center for Governmental Services at Auburn University and will be held at the Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center on June 14-15, 2012 in Auburn, Alabama. This year's event brings together Alabama county commissioners, tax collectors, revenue commissioners, and other county officials to explore ways for the Alabama county to enhance its revenue environment, position the county for economic development and growth, and effectively build for the future. The Institute begins at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday and will conclude by 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Economic Strategies for Local Government
- Economic Trends Facing Counties Throughout the Nation, 2012
- Revenue Generation in the State and Its Effect on Local Government
- Using Virtual Alabama for Homeland Security
- The Blue Creek Energy Project and Its Effect on Alabama Counties
- Emergency Management, Preparation and Reciprocal Agreements
- Community Partners, Community Resources and Foundations for Growth
- Alabama Legislative Action, 2012 and Impacts on Local Government
- Economic Development – Successful Designs and Best Practices
- Bridging the Digital Divide: Bringing Broadband to Alabama
Governor Robert Bentley
- Ted Abernathy, Southern Growth Policies Board
- Dr. David Bronner, RSA
- Commissioner Julie Magee, ADOR
- Sonny Brasfield, ACCA
- Maury Mitchell, Alabama Criminal Justice Information Center
- Dennis Hall, Walter Energy
- Chance Corbett, AU Public Safety
- Greg Knighton, Economic Development Partnership of Alabama
- Phillip Dunlap, City of Auburn Economic Development
- Patrick Rose, AU Center for Governmental Services Broadband Project
How to Register: The registration fee of $190 includes the institute and associated materials, continental breakfast, group luncheon and reception. Travel, lodging and other meals are the responsibilities of individual participants. (See brochure below.)
Hotel Reservations: The Institute is being held at the Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center. You may make reservations by calling (800) 228-2876.
Institute Reception: All participants and their guests are cordially invited to the 42nd Annual Institute Reception on Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. You can expect good food, excellent conversation and networking opportunities.
Refund Policy: Written cancellations received 15 working days prior to the beginning of the program will be honored with full refund of the registration fee. Late cancellations or non-attendance will not be refunded.
BROCHURE & REGISTRATION FORM
Click here to download the conference brochure and registration form.
Center for Governmental Services
2236 Haley Center
Auburn, Alabama 36849-5225
PHONE: (334) 844-4782
FAX: (334) 844-1919