The Institute is hosted by the Center for Governmental Services at Auburn University and will be held at the Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center on June 2-3, 2011 in Auburn, Alabama. This year's event brings together Alabama county commissioners, tax collectors, revenue commissioners, and other county officials to explore ways for the Alabama county to enhance its revenue environment, position the county for economic development and growth, and effectively build for the future. The Institute begins at 8:00 a.m. on Thursday and will conclude by 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
- Accomplishing Development and Infrastructure for your Local Jurisdiction
- Opportunities for Financing Energy Projects
- Incentive Laws for Financing "Green Fleet"
- Tax Administration and Local Government
- Development Opportunities through Abatements and Exemptions
- New State of the Art Bi-Fuel Vehicles for County Fleet
- Opportunities for County Growth Using GIS 2011
- Legislative Action and Effect on Local
- Jim Byard, ADECA
- Mayor Todd Strange, City of Montgomery
- John Cooper, ALDOT
- Sonny Brasfi eld, ACCA
- Kathy Hornsby, ADECA
- Phillip Wiedmeyer, Alabama Clean Fuels Coalition
- Cedric Daniels, Alabama Power Company
- Bob Strickland, Alagasco
- Bill Bass, DOR
- Joe Garrett, DOR
- Angela Till, DOR
- Panel from Automobile Manufacturing Industry
Hotel Reservations: The Institute is being held at the Hotel at Auburn University and Dixon Conference Center. You may make reservations by calling (800) 228-2876.
Institute Reception: All participants and their guests are cordially invited to the 41st Annual Institute Reception on Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. You can expect good food, excellent conversation and networking opportunities.
Refund Policy: Written cancellations received 15 working days prior to the beginning of the program will be honored with full refund of the registration fee. Late cancellations or non-attendance will not be refunded.
Click here to download the
Center for Governmental Services
2236 Haley Center
Auburn, Alabama 36849-5225
PHONE: (334) 844-4782
FAX: (334) 844-1919