Whether scanned from paper survey form, entered by interviewers into a database, or collected from web-based surveys, our experts can prepare and convert your data into a structure and form needed for analysis. Our examination of the data includes:
- Performing data verification and cleaning, which helps ensure your analytical results are accurate.
- Detecting and fixing discrepancies in databases.
- Creating “codebook” information, which includes variable names, variable formats and descriptive variable labels.
- Setting-up multiple-item indices and scales, which combine multiple indices into a single, multiple-item index.
- Filling in missing data if necessary. By replacing missing data values with estimates, you ensure better summary statistics.
- Weighting data if needed to match the demographics of the target population.