Award for Excellence in Faculty Outreach
The Auburn University Award for Excellence in Faculty Outreach, and a $5,000 honorarium, will be presented annually to one Auburn faculty member for distinguished outreach contributions which exceed expectations for the person’s career stage and job responsibilities. Nominations will be reviewed by a peer committee.
Nominations have been collected for the 2017 Auburn University Award for Excellence in Faculty Outreach. The winner will be announced at the Faculty Awards in the fall.
For further information, contact Ralph Foster, Director of Office of Public Service, at 844-5118.
The bios and accomplishments of our previous recipients are provided below. Here, you can read about their engaged scholarship and dedication to improving the quality of life for all citizens. Their outreach includes technical assistance supporting Alabama industry; a national educational institute for persons with disabilities; application of innovative alternative energy technologies; support for government agencies and officials; and innovative teaching techniques for local schools. These are a few examples of the extraordinary contributions of Auburn faculty to society through the university's outreach mission.
- 2016 Barbara Struempler, CES–Family & Consumer Sciences
- 2015 Virginia Davis, Samuel Ginn College of Engineering
- 2014 Allen Landers, College of Sciences and Mathematics
- 2013 Francesca Adler-Baeder, College of Human Sciences
- 2012 Cheryl Morgan, College of Architecture, Design, & Construction
- 2011 Nan Fairley, College of Liberal Arts
- 2010 David Hinson, College of Architecture, Design & Construction
- 2009 Barry Burkhart, College of Liberal Arts
- 2008 Chris Rodger, College of Sciences and Mathematics
- 2007 Christa Slaton, College of Liberal Arts
- 2006 David Bransby, College of Agriculture
- 2005 Phil Browning, College of Education
- 2004 P. K. Raju, Sam Ginn College of Engineering
Last Updated: March 13, 2017