Alveta Reese, RN, MSN, OCN, CPC
Alveta is a native of Columbus, Georgia. She married Mr. Kenny Reese and moved to Opelika in 1990. Upon completion of her primary education in the Columbus city schools, she began to matriculate her nursing education. She received an associate degree from CVCC in Phenix City, and both a Bachelor's and a Masters degree from Auburn University completing the latter in May of this year.
Alveta developed a love for Oncology (Cancer) nursing in 1988 when she was trained and began to administer chemotherapy treatments. Her love and dedication to oncology patients over her 29 year nursing career has been very evident by some of her accolades including but not limited to:
- National American Cancer Society Lane Adams award given to 10 nurses in the USA for their warm hands of service
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority's Lee County Woman of the Year
- EAMC Hospice Nurse of the Year
- Chi Eta Phi Sorority Nurse of the Year 2010
- EAMC First DAISY Award Recipient 2009
- Alabama State Hospital Assoc. Hospital Heroes 2011
Recently she became the first nurse at EAMC to be a National Oncology Nursing Society Chemotherapy Trainer as well as a certified End of Life Nursing Education Consortium Trainer as well. Alveta loves singing, traveling and laughing, the joys of her life are her 4 grandchildren R.J., Kaitlyn, Amber & Will.
Last Updated: October 5, 2016