Meridian 9417 Quick Sheet
PROGRAMMING YOUR PHONE
AUTODIAL buttons are programmed by the user.
- Program the AutoDial buttons following the instructions "Programming Your Phone".
- Lift the handset and press the programmed AutoDial button.
*71 to activate #71 to cancel
- Lift the handset and dial *71.
- After tone, dial the number you wish to forward your calls to and hang up. (Calls can be forwarded to on-campus extensions only.)
To cancel: Lift the handset and dial #71.
TIP: For convenience, program this feature to an AutoDial button.
Last Number Redial
- Lift the handset and press the REDIAL button.
Allows you to place a call on hold and return handset to receiver.
To Activate: Hold or *74
- Hold or *74
- You may return handset to cradle.
Transfer/Three Way Call
- With the caller on the line, press Flash or Link.
- After you hear dial tone, dial the number.
- After you hear a ring, hang up. OR, wait until the party answers, announce the caller, then press RLS to hang up. OR, announce you would like to conference call, then press LINK a second time to connect all three parties.
- Lift the handset and dial *73.
- You will intercept a call coming into another phone in your Call Pickup Group.
TIP: If more than one line in the group is ringing, you will intercept the one that began to ring first.
Note: This feature must be set up through the OIT HelpDesk.
*75 to activate
#75 to cancel
- After getting busy signal, hang up.
- Lift handset & dial *75.
- Wait for the recording, then hang up.
- Repeat Dialing will monitor the line for 30 minutes.
- A distinctive ring lets you know when the line you were calling is free.
TO CANCEL Repeat Dialing
- Dial #75.
- Repeat dialing will cancel automatically after 30 minutes.
This will not work for telephone registration.
Speed Call(Program Long, Program Short)
*77 (Speed Call Individual) *78 (Speed Call Long)
Note: Feature must be set up through the OIT HelpDesk.
TO PROGRAM SPEED CALL:
- Lift the handset and dial *77 (for Speed Call Short) or *78 (for Speed Call Long).
- After the tone, dial a one-digit code (0-9) for Speed Call Short or a two-digit code (00-29) for Long.
- Dial the phone number, exactly as you would normally dial it (4-XXXX or 9-XXX-XXXX). Press the # key. After the tone, the number has been saved and you can hang up.
TO USE SPEED CALL:
- Lift the handset and press *, followed by the one or two-digit code.
- Immediately after receiving a harassing phone call, hang up.
- Before receiving another incoming call, lift handset, dial *57.
NOTE: CALL TRACE is for harassing or threatening calls only. A police report must be filed.
Allows you to place a call on hold at your telephone and retrieve the call from another telephone.
- Press Flash. You hear a special dial tone.
- Dial *83. You hear a confirmation tone.
- Dial the 5 digit extension where you parked the call. You are now connected to the call.
TO RETRIEVE THE PARKED CALL:
- Life handset of any telephone. You hear dial tone.
- Dial #83. You hear a special dial tone.
- Dial the extension the call is parked against. You are reconnected to the call.
NOTE: While a call is parked, you may use your telephone to place calls, receive calls and activate features. After 90 seconds, you will receive a tone to remind you of your parked call.
|Auburn Police Department
|9 + 501-3100|
|Off Campus||9 + Number|
|Long Distance||*76 + Authorization Code + 9 + 1 + Area Code + Number
|Local Information||*76 + Authorization Code + 9 + 1 + 411|
|Long Distance Information||*76 + Authorization Code + 9 + 1 + Area Code + 555 + 1212|
|Voice Mail Access|| 4-1000 on campus
844-1000 off campus
|Direct||*76 + Authorization Code + 9 + 011 + Country Code + City Code + Number|
|Operator Assisted - AU Calling Card only
(by AU operator only)
|9 + 01 + Country + City + Number|
Last Updated: Jan. 22, 2011