Access Request Form
“Alternate Approvers”, “Submitters”, Dean, Directors and Department Heads
Request access for:
- Identity Management
- Access Control
- Parking Services
- Auburn Univesity Libraries
- The Identity Management Office (IDM) of Auburn University offers services to assist new ROTC faculty in accessing AU resources.
- IDM issues both the initial and replacement AU ID cards for all ROTC employees.
- ROTC personnel are divided into two basic categories: ROTC Faculty who are approved to teach Auburn accredited courses and non-faculty ROTC staff.
- Approval channels are different for both categories. ROTC faculty are approved by the Provost Office. The non-faculty ROTC staff are approved by the Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies.
- The Banner entry process, provisioning of AU resources, and the AU ID card issuance is the same process for both categories.
- Approved ROTC personnel will need to come to the IDM offices to receive the following services:
- Creation of the Banner ID number
- Creation of the UserName and temporary password
- AU Faculty/Staff ID Card
- Email activation
- Create Banner faculty role which allows the faculty member to be assigned to classes and create their syllabus and course materials in Canvas
- ROTC Faculty and staff approved by the Office of the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies can come to the IDM office to obtain their AU ID card and credentials to access other AU resources.
- Banner entry and/or an ID card, IDM requires a current valid government issued photo ID such as driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.
- IDM is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions).
- ROTC faculty and staff should call IDM at 334-844-4386 to ensure IDM has received approval prior to coming to the IDM office. This minimizes any delay in processing.
- The ROTC personnel will need to return his/her AU ID card to the IDM office when the individual departs Auburn University. Please do not send the AU ID card to IDM by campus mail.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386.
IDM Affiliate ID/Access Request Process:
- An individual with AU login access (Submitter) will need to complete the Access Request Form.
- Ensure the Approver is a Department Head or above.
- Ensure there is a FOP entered for the cost ($25) of the initial ID card.
- If you are interested in the complete process, go to the Request Form Process.
- An email will be sent to the Approver (Department Head or above or Alternate Approver) notifying him/her of the request. The Approver can approve or reject request.
- When the Approver approves the request, an email is sent to IDM and the Submitter notifying them the request has been approved. The Submitter is instructed in the email to have the affiliate go the IDM office with a current valid government issued photo ID to get his ID card.
- The individual must contact or come to the IDM office within 90 days. At the end of the 90 days, the request will expire.
- After the individual comes to our office, IDM will enter the Banner ID and GID and approve the request. An email is sent to the Submitter with this information.
- Upon separation, an individual with AU login access (Submitter) will need to complete the online form Access Request Form and request deactivation.
- The sponsoring department will need to collect the AU ID card and notify IDM when the individual departs Auburn University. The department can call IDM at 334-844-4386 to make arrangements to transfer the ID card to IDM. Please do not send the AU ID card to IDM by campus mail.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386.
- There is a $25.00 replacement fee for a damaged card due to negligence or a lost card without a police report. The affiliate can pay for the replacement AU ID card by credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover) at the IDM office.
- If the department will pay for the replacement fee of $25.00, a FOP will need to be provided by the department head in an email to Identity Management (IDM).
Annual Reverification Process:
- The annual reverification process is automated. One month (30 days) prior to the expiration date, the Approver will receive an email from IDM which will contain the person’s name, Banner ID, GID, and Job Description (Title).
- The Approver will need to provide a new expiration date (no longer than one year), by replying to the email, if the individual still needs access to Auburn University resources.
- If the individual no longer needs access, the Approver will notify IDM by replying to the email and stating the person no longer needs access. IDM will inactivate the individual and all access will be removed.
- If the Approver does not respond to the IDM email, a reminder email will be sent 15 days prior to the expiration date. In addition, the Alternate Contact will receive an email to have them remind the Approver to answer the IDM email.
- If no response is sent from the Approver by the expiration date, the individual will be inactivated and all access to Auburn University resources will end.
Last Updated: August 15, 2014