New Faculty - Early Entry
The Identity Management (IDM) Office of Auburn University offers its’ services to assist new faculty in accessing resources.
If the new faculty has been approved by the Provost Office and is in Auburn on a visit prior, IDM office offers the following services:
- Create the basic Banner person record and the Banner 902 number
- Create the Username
- Issue the AU Faculty/Staff ID Card
- Create Banner Faculty role allowing the faculty member to be assigned to classes and to create their syllabus and course materials in Blackboard.
The early entry process can begin upon Provost approval to hire. Personal identification and their presence are required to make and issue the ID card. If earlier access is required for a remote located Provost approved individual, contact IDM at 334-844-4386.
- In order for a new faculty member to obtain Banner entry, AU credentials, and an AU ID card, they must first be approved by the Provost’s Office. This approval can be verified by contacting the Identity Management (IDM) Office at 334-844-4386.
- It is highly recommended the new faculty member call IDM at 334-844-4386 to make an appointment to receive Auburn University resources and a welcome information packet about Auburn University and the Auburn area. This will ensure there are no delays when they arrive at the IDM Office.
- AU Sponsored Foreign Nationals will need to first be cleared by the Office of International Education (OIE), Room 228, FOY Hall, prior to coming to the IDM office.
- For Banner entry and an ID card, IDM requires a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID card, passport, etc.
- The Identity Management Office is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions)
- The sponsoring department will need to collect the AU ID card and notify IDM when the individual departs Auburn University. The department can call IDM at 334-844-4386 to make arrangements to transfer the ID card to IDM. Please do not send the AU ID card to IDM by campus mail.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386.