AU Affiliate & Visiting Faculty
- Affiliate faculty are individuals not paid by Auburn University nor an AU student, such as contract instructors, visiting instructors, visiting faculty, cooperating faculty, residents, interns, fellows, or visiting scholars.
- The Department Head of the Auburn University sponsoring department will need to send an email to
notifying IDM the individual has been approved for access to AU credentials (UserName, Banner ID number, and/or ID card). The email should be received prior to the arrival of the individual at the IDM Office.
- AU Sponsored Foreign Nationals will need to first be cleared by the Office of International Education (OIE), Room 228, FOY Hall prior to coming to the IDM Office.
- IDM will check the Provost log to ensure approval has been granted for the affiliate title.
- The individual should call IDM at 334-844-4386 to ensure IDM has received approval prior to coming to the IDM office to minimize any delays.
- For Banner entry and an ID card, IDM requires a government issued photo ID such as a driver’s license, military ID card, passport, etc.
- The Identity Management Office is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions)
- The AU sponsoring department will need to collect the AU ID card and notify IDM when the individual departs Auburn University. The department can call IDM at 334-844-4386 to make arrangements to transfer the ID card to IDM. Please do not send the AU ID card to IDM by campus mail.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386.
Last Updated: Mar. 16, 2011