AU Affiliate & Visiting Faculty
Access Request Form
“Alternate Approvers”, “Submitters”, Dean, Directors and Department Heads
Request access for:
- Identity Management
- Access Control
- Parking Services
- Auburn University Libraries
- Affiliate faculty are individuals who are not an AU student or paid by Auburn University. They are individuals such as contract instructors, visiting instructors, visiting faculty, cooperating faculty, residents, interns, fellows or unpaid visiting scholars.
- Banner entry and/or an ID card, IDM requires a current valid government issued photo ID such as driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.
- Foreign Nationals will need to go to the Office of International Programs, located in 228 Foy Hall, prior to coming to IDM.
- IDM is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions)
- IDM will check the Provost log to determine approval of the affiliate academic titile.
- The individual should call IDM at 334-844-4386 to ensure IDM has received approval prior to coming to the IDM office. This minimizes any delay in processing.
- There will be a $25.00 fee for the initial card. The department will be required to enter a FOP to be charged for this cost.
NOTE: For short term access (a period not to exceed 30 days), to Auburn’s wireless network and OIT computing labs only, for vendors and other persons having official business at Auburn University, please use the one time only OIT Temporary Account Request Form.
IDM Affiliate ID/Access Request Process:
- An individual with AU login access (Submitter) will need to complete the Access Request Form.
- Ensure the Approver is a Department Head or above.
- Ensure there is a FOP entered for the cost ($25) of the initial ID card.
- If the affiliate is not located within the Auburn/Opelika area or not able to come to the IDM office within 90 days, add a comment stating IDM will need contact the person to obtain the required identity documents.
- If you are interested in the complete process, go to the Request Form Process.
- An email will be sent to the Approver (Department Head or above) notifying him/her of the request. The Approver can approve or reject request.
- When the Approver approves the request, an email is sent to IDM and the Submitter notifying them the request has been approved. The Submitter is instructed in the email to have the affiliate go the IDM office with a current valid government issued photo ID to get his ID card.
- If the affiliate is not located within the Auburn/Opelika area or not able to come to the IDM office within 90 days, have the affiliate contact the IDM office to obtain instructions on how to provide the required identity documents.
- The individual must come to the IDM office within 90 days. At the end of the 90 days, the request will expire.
- After the individual comes to our office, IDM will enter the Banner ID and GID along with any additional comments and approve the request. An email is sent to the Submitter with this information.
- Upon separation, an individual with AU login access (Submitter) will need to complete the online form Access Request Form and request deactivation.
- The sponsoring department will need to collect the AU ID card and notify IDM when the individual departs Auburn University. The department can call IDM at 334-844-4386 to make arrangements to transfer the ID card to IDM. Please do not send the AU ID card to IDM by campus mail.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386.
- There is a $25.00 replacement fee for a damaged card due to negligence or a lost card without a police report. The affiliate faculty or visiting scholar (unpaid) can pay for the replacement AU ID card by credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover) at the IDM office.
- If the department will pay for the replacement fee of $25.00, a FOP will need to be provided by the department head in an email to Identity Management (IDM).
Annual Reverification Process:
- The annual reverification process is automated. One month (30 days) prior to the expiration date, the Approver will receive an email from IDM which will contain the person’s name, Banner ID, GID, and Job Description.
- The Approver will need to provide a new expiration date (no longer than one year), by replying to the email, if the individual still needs access to Auburn University resources.
- If the individual no longer needs access, the Approver will notify IDM by replying to the email and stating the person no longer needs access. IDM will inactivate the individual and all access will be removed.
- If the Approver does not respond to the IDM email, a reminder email will be sent 15 days prior to the expiration date. In addition, the Alternate Contact will receive an email to have them remind the Approver to answer the IDM email.
- If no response is sent from the Approver by the expiration date, the individual will be inactivated and all access to Auburn University resources will end.
Last Updated: August 15, 2014