AU Library Patrons
Affiliate Personnel: (AU Library Patrons)
- The Library Patron must be an Alabama Resident, an active AU Alumnus, AU Lifetime Alumnus or an active OLLI member to receive AU credentials (UserName, Banner ID number, and/or ID card) for AU Library access.
- The AUTU Passport is an AU ID card made as part of a reciprocal agreement between Tuskegee University and Auburn University libraries.
- There is a $25.00 fee for the initial AU ID card, whether it be for an AU library patron or the AUTU Passport for Tuskegee University. The library patron or AUTU Passport individual can pay by credit card (Visa, Master Card or Discover) at the IDM office.
- The Library will send an email to Identity Management (IDM), indicating the library fee has been paid and the patron is cleared to receive AU credentials.
- The library fee must be paid at the circulation desk located on the 1st floor of the library between the hours of 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. The patron will need to bring the receipt to IDM in order to receive an AU ID card.
- Banner entry and/or an ID card, IDM requires a current valid government issued photo ID such as driver’s license, military ID, passport, etc.
- IDM is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions)
- The individual should call IDM at 334-844-4386 to ensure IDM has received approval prior to coming to the IDM office. This minimizes any delay in processing.
- Any questions, please call IDM at 334-844-4386
- There is a $25.00 replacement fee for a damaged card due to negligence or a lost card without a police report. The library patron or AUTU Passport individual can pay for the replacement AU ID card by credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover) at the IDM office.
Annual Reverification Process:
- The annual reverification process is automated. One month (30 days) prior to the expiration date, the Approver will receive an email from IDM which will contain the person’s name, Banner ID, GID, and Job Description.
- The Approver will need to provide a new expiration date (no longer than one year), by replying to the email, if the individual still needs access to Auburn University resources.
- If the individual no longer needs access, the Approver will notify IDM by replying to the email and stating the person no longer needs access. IDM will inactivate the individual and all access will be removed.
- If the Approver does not respond to the IDM email, a reminder email will be sent 15 days prior to the expiration date. In addition, the Alternate Contact will receive an email to have them remind the Approver to answer the IDM email.
- If no response is sent from the Approver by the expiration date, the individual will be inactivated and all access to Auburn University resources will end.
Last Updated: August 8, 2014