AU Alumni and Lifetime Alumni
Affiliate Personnel: (AU Alumni and Lifetime Alumni)
- The Office of Alumni Affairs will send an email to Identity Management (IDM) to request an AU ID for alumni members. IDM will need the email prior to the alumni member coming to the IDM office for the ID card.
- Banner entry and/or an ID card require a current valid government issued photo ID such as driver's license, military ID, passport, etc.
- IDM is located at 300 Lem Morrison Drive. (directions)
- The individual should call IDM at 334-844-4386 to ensure IDM has received approval prior to coming to the IDM office. This minimizes any delay in processing.
- Alumni and Lifetime Alumni members will need to present their respective Alumni Card in addition to the required documents list above in 1a.
- There is a $25.00 fee for the initial Alumni ID card. The Alumni member can pay by Visa, Master Card, or Discover card at the IDM office.
- There is a $25.00 replacement fee for a damaged card due to negligence or a lost card without a police report. The alumni member can pay for the replacement AU ID card by credit card (Visa, Master Card, or Discover) at the IDM office.
Annual Reverification Process:
- The annual reverification process is automated. One month (30 days) prior to the expiration date, the Approver will receive an email from IDM which will contain the person's name, Banner ID, GID, and Job Description.
- The Approver will need to provide a new expiration date (no longer than one year), by replying to the email, if the individual still needs access to Auburn University resources.
- If the individual no longer needs access, the Approver will notify IDM by replying to the email and stating the person no longer needs access. IDM will inactivate the individual and all access will be removed.
- If the Approver does not respond to the IDM email, a reminder email will be sent 15 days prior to the expiration date. In addition, the Alternate Contact will receive an email to have them remind the Approver to answer the IDM email.
- If no response is sent from the Approver by the expiration date, the individual will be inactivated and all access to Auburn University resources will end.
Last Updated: August 8, 2014