Auburn University has acquired a speech-enabled call routing system, AU Connect. AU Connect works on simple voice command - no more numbers to dial. Callers need only to say the name of the person or campus department they wish to reach. We need your assistance in testing before the system is put into production. Please take a moment to call the system and ask for yourself and/or your department.
Misrouted employee calls could be caused by:
- Your telephone number being incorrect in Banner
- Your personal information blocked in People Finder or,
- You have a non 844 number listed as your campus telephone number (only 844 extension are used in AU connect)
Employee information for AU Connect is pulled from Banner
If you want to change the telephone number listed for yourself please do so through Banner Self Service.
- Log in to AU Access
- Click the Employee Services tab
- Click Self Service Banner in the top left channel
- Click the Personal Information tab
- Click Update Addresses and Phones
- Click the phone type you want to change
- Enter the correct number
- Click Submit
If you experience problems contact Mary Turner via email, email@example.com
On-campus departmental listings
If you experience misrouted calls for campus departments please contact Melissa Long with the Office of Information Technology, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To place a call, simply dial 4-0400. You will be prompted for a name.
AU Connect Do's and Don'ts
- Speak normally, at a regular pace. Exaggerating your pronunciation may hinder voice recognition.
- When asking for a person, say the first name followed by the last name. Do not use first names only.
- If you know a colleague's extension, you can still dial it at any time.
- No need to wait until the end of the system prompt: you can "barge-in" and interrupt the system to make a request.
- You will get better results using the handset rather than the speakerphone.
- Avoid talking to other people or with food in your mouth while addressing the system.
- Make sure there is no interfering noise, such as radio in the background.
Re-recording of employee names that are pronounced incorrectly
Contact Melissa Long, email@example.com, to coordinate the re-record of your name that is announced when the call is being transferred.
Last Updated: January 02, 2015