SAMFORD HALL
Map


Location: 182 S.College Street.
Primary Use: Main administration building
President's Office
Vice Presidents
Office of Sponsored Programs
Contracts and Grants Accounting
Planning & Analysis
University Relations
Internal Auditing
Treasury Services

Building Information

Built in 1888-90 and renovated in 1971, the building is a successor to the first "Old Main" that occupied the site. The original building, which was the first at the old East Alabama Male College, burned in 1887 after nearly three decades of service. Samford Hall is named for William James Samford, Alabama's 31st governor, who was from Lee County and was a student at the East Alabama Male College before the Civil War.