Ph.D., Texas A&M University
B.A., Franklin & Marshall College
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2013 - present
RTG Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Berkeley
2011 - 2013
NSF International Research Fellowship Program, University of Florence
2009 - 2011
Research and Teaching Interests
Applications of Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory to Signal Processing, Algebraic Statistics, Computer Vision, and Computational Complexity.
- L. Oeding, E. Robeva, and B. Sturmfels, Decomposing Tensors into Frames, Advances in Applied Mathematics 73 (2016) 125-153, arXiv: 1504.08049.
- L. Oeding and S. Sam, Equations for the fifth secant variety of Segre products of projective spaces, Experimental Mathematics Volume 25, Issue 1, 2016, pages 94-99, arXiv:1502.00203.
- C. Aholt and L. Oeding, The ideal of the trifocal variety, Mathematics of Computation 83 (2014), 2553-2574, arXiv:1205.3776.
- L. Oeding and G. Ottaviani, Eigenvectors of tensors and algorithms for Waring decomposition, Journal of Symbolic Computation 54 (2013), 9–35, arXiv:1103.0203.
- D. J. Bates and L. Oeding, Toward a salmon conjecture, Experimental Mathematics 20 (2011), no. 3, 358–370, arXiv:1009.6181.
- M. Michalek, L. Oeding and P. Zwiernik, Secant cumulants and toric geometry, International Mathematics Research Notices (2015) 12: 4019-4063, arXiv:1212.1515.
- L. Oeding, Hyperdeterminants of polynomials, Advances in Mathematics 231 (2012), no. 3-4, 1308–1326, arXiv:1107.4659.