Ph.D., Texas A&M University
B.A., Franklin & Marshall College
Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2013 - present
RTG Postdoctoral Fellow, University of California, Berkeley
2011 - 2013
NSF International Research Fellowship Program, University of Florence
2009 - 2011
Research and Teaching Interests
Applications of Algebraic Geometry and Representation Theory to Signal Processing, Algebraic Statistics, Computer Vision, and Computational Complexi
- M. Bremner, J. Hu and L. Oeding, The 3×3×3 hyperdeterminant as a polynomial in the fundamental invariants for SL3(ℂ)×SL3(ℂ)×SL3(ℂ), to appear in Mathematics in Computer Science (Special Issue on Computational Algebraic Geometry), arXiv:1310.3257.
- E. Carlini, N. Grieve and L. Oeding, Four lectures on secant varieties,Workshop on Connections Between Algebra and Geometry, Summer 2012, to appear in PROMS (Springer Proceedings in Mathematics & Statistics), Springer/Birkhauser, arxiv:1309.4145
- C. Aholt and L. Oeding, The ideal of the trifocal variety, accepted Mathematics of Computation (2013), arXiv:1205.3776.
- L. Oeding and G. Ottaviani, Eigenvectors of tensors and algorithms for Waring decomposition, Journal of Symbolic Computation 54 (2013), 9–35, arXiv:1103.0203.
- L. Oeding, Hyperdeterminants of polynomials, Advances in Mathematics 231 (2012), no. 3-4, 1308–1326, arXiv:1107.4659. D. Cartwright, D. Erman, and L. Oeding, Secant varieties of P 2 × P n embedded by O(1,2), Journal of the London Mathematical Society 85 (2012), no. 1, 121-141, arXiv:1009.1199.