View related pages
Ph.D., The University of Sheffield, UK
M.Sc., Cukurova University, Turkey
B.S., Ankara University, Turkey
Professor, Department of Mathematics and Statistics, Auburn University
2014 - present
Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, Auburn University
2003 - 2013
Professor, Cukurova University
Visiting Associate Professor, The University of Iowa
2001 - 2003
Associate Professor, Cukurova University
1997 - 2001
Assistant Professor, Cukurova University
1993 - 1997
Honors and Awards
Dr. Marie Kraska Award for Excellence in Teaching (Statistics)
Elected member of the International Statistical Institute (ISI)
Editorial Board member:
Communications in Statistics, Theory, and Methods (LSTA), 2012- present
Communications in Statistics, Simulation and Computation (LSSP), 2012- present
Advisory Board member:
Turkiye Klinikleri Journal of Medical Sciences, 2012- present
Turkiye Klinkleri Journal of Biostatistics, 2012- present
Communication in Statistics Theory and Methods
The Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference
Communication in Statistics- Simulation and Computation
Journal of Computation and Graphical Statistics
American Journal of Mathematical and Management Sciences
Journal of Applied Statistics
Pakistan Journal of Statistics
Communication in Statistics- Theory and Methods
Chilean Journal of Statistics
Research and Teaching Interests
Classical and Robust Multivariate Data Analysis, Classical and Robust Functional Data Analysis, Multivariate Statistical Data Analysis, Regression Analysis, Statistical Theory.
- Bell, R. C., Jones‐Farmer, L. A., Billor, N. (2014) A Distribution‐Free Control Chart for Retrospective Location Analysis of Subgrouped Multivariate Data,Technometrics, 10.1080/00401706.2013.879264
- Lee, S., Shin, H. and Billor, N. (2013) M‐type Smoothing Spline Estimation for Principal Functions , Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 66, 89‐100.
- Turkmen, A. and Billor, N. (2012) Partial Least Squares Classification for High Dimensional Data Using the PCOUT Algorithm, Computational
- Statistics, (DOI) 10.1007/s00180‐012‐0328‐y.
- Billor, N., Hadi, A. S., and Velleman, P. F. (2000), BACON: Blocked Adaptive Computationally‐Efficient Outlier Nominators, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 34, 279 ‐ 298.
- Billor, N. , Abebe, A., Turkmen, A. and Nudurapati, S. (2008), Classification based on Data Depth, Journal of Classification, 25, 249 ‐ 260.