Ph.D., University of Colorado
B.A., University of Colorado
Professor, Auburn University
1997 - present
Associate Professor, Auburn University
1989 - 1997
Assistant Professor, Auburn University
1981 - 1989
Visiting Assistant Professor, University of Iowa
1980 - 1981
Research and Teaching Interests
Topology (Set-Theoretic Topology, Continuum Theory), Dynamical Systems (Symbolic Dynamics, One-dimensional Dynamics, Complex Dynamics), Set Theory (Large Cardinals), Analysis (Descriptive Set Theory).
- Julia sets and periodic kneading sequences, Journal of Fixed Point Theory and Applications 7 (2010), 201-222.
- Inverse limits of tentlike maps on trees, Fundamenta Mathematicae 207 (2010), 211-254.
- Continuous Itinerary Functions and Dendrites, Topology and its Applications 154 (2007), 2889-2938.
- An extension of Sarkovskii's Theorem to the n-od, Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems 11 (1991) 249-271.
- Generalizations of a Theorem of Sarkovskii on Orbits of continuous real-valued functions, Discrete Mathematics 67 (1987), 111-127.