- Wada H (in press). Developmental plasticity as origins of individual variation in stress responses. Integrative Organismal Biology book.
- Kriengwatana B, Wada H, Schmidt KL, Taves MD, Soma KK, MacDougall-Shackleton SA (2014). Effects of nutritional stress during different developmental periods on song and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in zebra finches. Hormones and Behavior 65 (3): 285-293.
- Wada H, Newman AEM, Hall ZJ, Soma KK, MacDougall-Shackleton SA (2014). Effects of corticosterone and DHEA on doublecortin immunoreactivity in the song control system and hippocampus of adult song sparrows.Developmental Neurobiology 74(1): 52–62.
- Kriengwatana B, Wada H, Macmillan A, MacDougall-Shackleton SA (2013). Juvenile nutritional stress affects growth rate, adult organ mass, and innate immune function in zebra finches (Taeniopygia guttata). Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 86 (6): 769-781.
- Wada H, Bergeron CM, McNabb FMA, Todd BD, Hopkins WA (2011). Dietary mercury has no observable effects on thyroid-mediated processes and fitness-related traits in wood frogs. Environmental Science & Technology 45:7915–7922.
- Bergeron CM, Bodinof CM, Budischak SA, Wada H, Unrine JM, Hopkins WA (2011). Counterbalancing effects of maternal mercury exposure during different stages of early ontogeny. Environmental Pollution 409: 4746-4752.
- Wada H and Breuner CW (2010). Developmental changes in neural corticosteroid receptor capacity in altricial nestlings. Journal of Developmental Neurobiology 70: 853-861.
- Wada H, Yates DE, Evers DC, Taylor RJ, and Hopkins WA (2010). Tissue mercury concentrations and adrenocortical responses of female big brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus) near a contaminated river. Ecotoxicology 19:1277-1284.
- Wada H, Cristol DA, McNabb FMA, and Hopkins WA (2009). Suppressed adrenocortical responses and triiodothyronine levels in birds near a mercury-contaminated river. Environmental Science and Technology 43:6031-6038.
- Wada H, Salvante KG, Wagner E, Williams TD, and Breuner CW (2009). Ontogeny and individual variation in the adrenocortical response of zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata) nestlings. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology 82:325-331.
- Wada H and Breuner CW (2008). Transient elevation of corticosterone alters begging behavior and growth of white-crowned sparrow nestlings. Journal of Experimental Biology 211: 1696-1703.
- Wada H (2008). Glucocorticoids: mediators of vertebrate ontogenetic transitions. General and Comparative Endocrinology 156: 441-453.
- Wada H, Salvante KG, Stables C, Wagner E, Williams TD, and Breuner CW (2008). Adrenocortical responses in zebra finches (Taeniopygia guttata): individual variation, repeatability and relationship to phenotypic quality.Hormones and Behavior 53: 472-480.
- Wada H, Hahn TP, and Breuner CW (2007). Development of stress reactivity in white-crowned sparrow nestlings: Total corticosterone response increases with age, while free corticosterone response remains low. General and Comparative Endocrinology 150: 405-413.