N.R.S.A. - Individual Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Texas at Austin
A.R.G.S - Post-doctoral Fellow, University of Western Australia
Ph.D. - University of California, Berkeley
M.S. - University of Central Florida
B.A. - Rutgers University
Research and Teaching Interests
My research centers on how proximate environmental factors and physiological mechanisms are integrated at the neural level to control reproduction in a variety of vertebrates. I think of my research as being interdisciplinary and multi-level, combining both field and laboratory components.
- Graham, S. P., Ward, C. K., Shelby Walker, J., Sterrett, S., & Mendonça, M.T.(2015). Sexual Dimorphism and Seasonal Variation of Reproductive Hormones in the Pascagoula Map Turtle, Graptemys gibbonsi. Copeia, 2015(1), 42-50.
- Crovo, J. A., Mendonça, M.T., Holt, D. E., & Johnston, C. E. (2015). Stress and Auditory Responses of the Otophysan Fish, Cyprinella venusta, to Road Traffic Noise. PloS ONE, 10(9), e0137290.
- Goessling JM, Kennedy H, Mendonça M.T., Wilson AE. A meta‐analysis of plasma corticosterone and heterophil: lymphocyte ratios–is there conservation of physiological stress responses over time?. Functional Ecology. 2015 Apr 1.
- Grilliot, M. E., Burnett, S. C., & Mendonça, M. T. (2014). Sex and season differences in the echolocation pulses of big brown bats (Eptesicus fuscus) and their relation to mating activity. Acta Chiropterologica, 16(2), 379-386.
- Moretti, E. H., Madelaire, C. B., Silva, R. J., Mendonça, M. T., & Gomes, F. R. (2014). The Relationships between Parasite Intensity, Locomotor Performance, and Body Condition in Adult Toads (Rhinella icterica) from the Wild. Journal of Herpetology, 48(3), 277-283.
- Peterson, J. D., Steffen, J. E., Reinert, L. K., Cobine, P. A., Appel, A., Rollins-Smith, L., & Mendonça, M. T. (2013). Host stress response is important for the pathogenesis of the deadly amphibian disease, chytridiomycosis, in Litoria caerulea.
- Gam, A., M.T. Mendonça, and K.J. Navara. 2010. Acute corticosterone treatment prior to ovulation biases offspring sex ratios towards males in zebra finches. J. Avian Biology. in press.
- Turmelle, A., J. Ellison, M.T. Mendonça, G. McCracken. 2010. Histological assessment of cellular immune response to the phytohemagglutinin (PHA) skin test in Brazilian free-tailed bats (Tadarida brasiliensis) J. Comparative Physiol. B. 180:1155-1164.
- Huggins, K.A., K.J. Navara, G. Hill, and M.T. Mendonça. 2010. Detrimental effects of carotenoid pigments: the dark side of bright coloration. Naturwissenschaften. 97:637-44
- Shelby-Walker, C., K. Ward, and M.T. Mendonça. 2009. Reproductive parameters in female yellow-blotched map turtles (Graptemys flavimaculata) from a historically contaminated site vs. a reference site. Comp. Biochem. Physiol. A. 154:401-408.