Vendor Insurance

The following minimum insurance standards apply to all vendors performing, selling, or distributing products and services at the university. If a product or service, in the opinion of Risk Management & Insurance, represents an unusual or exceptional risk, additional insurance requirements for that product or service may be established.

The certificate of insurance verifying the coverages below and a signed copy of the Vendor/Exhibitor/Third Party Entity Agreement Form should be submitted to Risk Management & Insurance for review. Certificates of Insurance should list Auburn University, its Board of Trustees, Administrators, Faculty, Staff and Agents as additional insured on the policy.

If an event planned by an Auburn University office, department, or student organization features a vendor, the event planner is responsible for collecting the Certificate of Insurance and Vendor/Exhibitor/Third Party Entity Agreement Form and uploading them to the system.

Commercial general-liability insurance should cover bodily injury and property damage liability, independent-contractors liability, contractual liability, product liability, and completed-operations liability in an amount not less than $1,000,000 combined single limit, per occurrence, and $2,000,000 annual aggregate.

Workers' compensation is required for all vendors, including employers' liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000 aggregate.

Automobile liability is for vendors who will drive on the university premises. Automobile liability should be in an amount not less than $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage and should include owned, hired, and non-owned vehicle coverage.

Professional liability should be $1,000,000 per claim for all professional services, including but not limited to architects, engineers, consultants, and testing services.

Questions concerning this policy may be directed to Risk Management & Insurance at (334) 844-4533.

Last Updated: March 2, 2016