Physical Activity and Health - Area V
AREA V: PRE-PROFESSIONAL MAJOR AND
(19 Semester Hours)
The following guidelines and restrictions apply to the degree in Physical Activity and Health which includes an option in Fitness, Conditioning and Performance.
Common AGSC Requirements
Students who plan to transfer into Physical Activity and Health or the option in Fitness, Conditioning, and Performance should take into consideration the following recommendations as they plan their course selections. It is highly recommended that students select:
· PHL 106 Introduction to Philosophy, PHIL 206 Ethics and Society, or IDS 102 Ethics in Area II
· HIS 101 Western Civilization I and HIS 102 Western Civilization II OR
HIS 121 World History I and HIS 122 World History II in Area IV
AU Specific Requirements for Area V – Physical Activity and Health
No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for the Physical Activity and Health 120 hour degree program. A total of 8 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major and option. The remaining 11 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major, as noted below.
· ECO 232 Principles of Microeconomics (3 SH)
· HED 226 Wellness (3 SH)
· PED activity courses (4 SH)
· Elective (1 SH)
AU Specific Requirements for Area V – Fitness, Conditioning and Performance Option
No more than 19 hours may transfer in Area V for the Fitness, Conditioning and Performance 120 hour degree option. A total of 8 hours were specified in Area V by the AGSC as required for this major and option. The remaining 11 hours should include additional Auburn requirements in the major, as noted below.
· HEC 140 Principles of Nutrition (3 SH)
· HED 226 Wellness (3 SH)
· PED activity courses (3 SH)
· HED 224 Personal and Community Health (3 SH)
Restrictions on Elective Transfer Hours
· Electives, if any, should be selected from the disciplines covered in Areas I - IV, being cognizant of restrictions specified in this document.
· Developmental, remedial, or technical courses will not transfer.
· A maximum of four semester hours in physical education may transfer.
· No transfer credit will be awarded for math courses below the state-approved core level of MATH 110 or MATH 112.
· Only courses taught at the freshman and sophomore level at Auburn University may be elected. Courses approved in Area V in other majors may be consulted. Students may petition Auburn University to pre-approve courses selected under Area V that are not mentioned for this major under Area V (contact Robin Martin, email@example.com).
Please print this document and attach it to the Physical Activity and Health Promotion AGSC Transfer Guide. Together, this document and the AGSC Transfer Guide comprise the articulation agreement for a major in Physical Activity and Health Promotion at Auburn.