Prospective Early Admission
These are students who have met all the high school graduation requirements, have graduated early (typically mid-senior year),
received a high school diploma, and wish to begin their college career early. The Early Admission application is the only
paper admission application submitted to AU. Early admission students will be considered for freshman scholarships for the
fall semester. Early admitted students are unable to apply online. Please contact Admission
Processing for information regarding a paper application at 334-844-6429.
- Dates / Deadlines
- Submit your Admission Application.
- Pay the $50 non-refundable application fee.
- Submit your official high school transcript.
- ACT and/or SAT scores submitted directly from the testing agency (including the writing score).
- Submit letters of permission from high school principal or counselor, parent / guardian, and student (3 letters total).
Students who wish to be early-admitted must submit the following:
- The Admission Application. Contact Admission Processing for information regarding a paper application at 334-844-6429.
- Non-refundable $50 application fee.
- High school transcript.
- ACT and/or SAT scores submitted directly from the testing agency.
- Three letters of permission:
- One from high school principal or counselor
- One from parent or guardian
- One from the student
Application open for all terms
Scholarship Priority Deadline
Summer / Fall - Final Deadline
Summer / Fall Deposit Deadline
Early Admission students can begin applying for admission on September 1st.
Applicants with excellent academic credentials can be admitted by Early Action beginning on October 15 for students who have completed
an application and submitted all required documents.
Early Action decisions are strictly academic, based on a combination of high school GPA and the ACT or SAT score of the applicant;
other factors are not considered. Students who meet the Early Action criteria will be accepted on a weekly basis from October 15 to February 15.
Admission decisions made based on criteria other than Early Action criteria are determined in three rounds beginning November 15.
Those decisions will include acceptance and non-acceptance. These decisions are based primarily on academic achievement but also
evaluate other factors submitted in the application process.
First round decisions will be made November 15 for students who have completed an application.
Not all students in the applicant pool will receive a decision in the first round.
Applicants for whom a decision is not made will be notified of a continuing review of their application.
Second round decisions will be made December 15 for students who complete an application. Once again, not all students in the applicant pool will receive a decision.
Third round and final decisions will be made by February 15 for students who have completed their application and submitted
the required documents by January 15. All students with a completed application and submitted documents will receive a decision this round.