Transit service is the second most popular way students get to class. It can be a viable means of travel as it can reduce travel time and gets you closer to your destination. Various transit services are available both in the City of Auburn and on Auburn University's campus.
Lee-Russell Public Transit (LRPT)
The Lee-Russell Public Transit, or LRPT, formerly LETA, offers a form of public transit called Dial-a-Ride services in Lee and Russell County. It is available to citizens for a small fee and free to Auburn University students. Visit http://www.lrcog.com/LETA.html to find out more about LRTP services available.
Auburn University Tiger Transit
Auburn University offers a form of public transit, Tiger Transit, to faculty, staff and students of the university. For more information, visit the Tiger Transit Web site.
Auburn University Toomer's Ten
In partnership with the Student Government Association, the Toomer’s Ten bus routes provide alternate transportation during late night hours from Wednesday through Saturday. For more information, visit http://www.auburn.edu/administration/parking_transit/transit/latenight.php.
Auburn University Campus Security Shuttle
The Night Security Shuttle Van Service offers a safe ride from any on-campus location to any other on-campus location from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. seven days a week while classes are in session, except for home football game evenings and official Auburn University holidays. For more information, visit http://www.auburn.edu/administration/public_safety/campus_safety_guide.html#transit
Points to Remember:
- Transit buses are not school buses. Different rules apply!
- Cross behind the bus, in a crosswalk.
- Wait for the bus to depart before crossing the street.
- Cars don’t stop for public transit, so watch for vehicles when crossing the street.
- Hang up and unplug! Distractions can be deadly.
- Don’t cross the double yellow line to pass if you are driving a vehicle.
- Please allow riders departing from the bus to exit before boarding.
CHECK THIS OUT:
- Tiger Transit operates 55 buses on 19 routes, carrying between 13,489 and 15,203 passengers per day.
- Toomer’s Ten manages 10 buses over 7 routes throughout the city, carrying about 600 passengers per day.
- The Auburn University Night Security Shuttle transports an average of about 1,000 passengers per night. More than 176,000 passengers were transported between August 2009 and March 2010.