WEAPONS ON CAMPUS
If you believe that a student or other
person is in possession of a weapon:
- Get away from that person.
- Lock yourself in a secure
area, if possible.
- Call 911 and explain the
problem in detail.
- Remain on the phone with the 911
dispatcher as long as possible.
- Remove students and yourself
from any danger, if possible.
- If you fear the person, barricade
yourself and other students in a
room away from the person.
- If anyone becomes injured
or needs medical attention,
tell the 911 dispatcher.
- Do not confront the armed person.
- Remain in a safe area until told to leave
by police or emergency responders.
Last Updated: Sept. 29, 2010