WHAT TO DO IN THE EVENT OF A CAMPUS EMERGENCY
Emergencies can occur at any time, often without warning. This site can help you deal with many emergency situations appropriately. Your judgment often determines whether an incident is an emergency. If in doubt, err on the side of safety.
AU utilizes the City of Auburn Police and Fire departments. Ambulance service is contracted with East Alabama Medical Center EMS. All can be reached by calling 911.
- If you have an EMERGENCY requiring police, fire, or ambulance, call 911 without delay.
- When you call 911 for emergency services, stay on the line and give the following information:
- Your name, telephone number and exact location.
- The location of the emergency.
- The nature and extent of the emergency (i.e., Are there injuries and how many?)
- Be informed and prepared in advance. Do not wait until an emergency strikes to know what to do.
- Be aware of your surroundings, and report any suspicious activities.
- Know where the fire alarm activation pull stations are located in your building and how to evacuate your building if the alarm is set off.
- Emergency call boxes have been installed in different locations around campus. The call boxes call 911 when activated. Call boxes are equipped with a blue light for identification.
Questions or suggestions regarding the procedures and response on campus should be directed to the AU Emergency Management Director, or the AU Public Safety Director.