Here’s how you get into A-Train: Using your favorite browser (A-Train is designed for use with MS Internet Explorer, but should work well with most modern web browsers), go to HRD’s web page and click on “A-Train.” You will be taken to an A-Train sign-in screen: Use your Auburn User Name (for example, deerypd) as the "User ID" and your Auburn domain password as the "password". This should get you into A-Train. If you have password problems, call the A-Train help line at 844-1622 for assistance.
Note: You will either be in the system as a level 1 user or level 2 user/supervisor. Those at level 1 can only see their own training history, but those at level 2 can see their history and that of the employees they supervise.
Registering for a course:
There are two methods to register for courses:
A. Shorter method
(1) Go to the pull-down menu item "Training," and pull down the "Event Calendar."
(2) The "Event Calendar" screen will open at the current date, but the "Back" and "Next" buttons will allow you to go back one month or forward one month. Use the HRD "Schedule of Courses" and find the courses by number e.g., OM400, MG502, etc) which you wish to register for. Then click on that course number which appears on the Events Calendar.
(3) This will take you to a screen that lists the information for the specific course scheduled for that date; this screen will also show the date and time, location, and instructor for that particular course; to request that course, simply click on the "Join" button at the far left of the line with the course data.
(4) Clicking on "Join" will generate an email to your supervisor indicating that you have requested the course and prompting the supervisor to go to one URL to approve registration and another URL to disapprove the request. Depending on what action the supervisor takes, other emails are generated by the system.
B. Longer method:
(1) Go to the menu item "Training"; you will find the prompt "Search for Training" in that pull down menu; click on it.
(2) The next screen will prompt you to enter a "Keyword" from the title of the course that you are looking for. Use the HRD "Schedule of Courses" or Training and Development Guide and enter the course number or some of the title. Then press "Search" to go to the "Search Results":
(3) On this screen click on "Details."
(4) This will provide a "Training Resources Details" screen; in the lower left corner will be a "Events" button. If that button is filled in, clicking on it will produce a schedule for that class.
(5) If you wish to register, click on the "Join" button on the far left. You should receive an email telling you that your status is “REQUESTED.”
(6) An email will be initiated to your supervisor who must approve your attendance.
(7) Once the supervisor approves your attendance, you and your supervisor will be sent an email notifying you that you have been registered for the course if there is room available.
All notification will be by email, and you should receive emails keeping you posted on your status in that course.
Training History: To view your training history, go to HRD’s web page and click on “A-Train.” Once you have logged into A-Train, go to “History” on the menu at the top of your screen and select “My Training History.” You may print a copy of your training history from this screen. It should be complete; if it is not let Kelli, Pat, or Mike know.
A word on emails generated by the system: Based on the action taking place, A-Train generates these emails: (1) to the employee indicating that we know that he/she has requested a particular course; (2) to the supervisor asking the supervisor to go to one URL to approve registration and another URL to disapprove; (3) if the supervisor disapproves registration, to the employee indicating disapproval; (4) if the supervisor approves, to the individual indicating that his/her status in the system is "Requested"; (5) if the course is full, to the requesting employee indicating that he/she has been placed on a waiting list; (6) if the course is open, to the employee indicating that the request for attendance has been approved; (7) to the employee, if registered, reminding him/her that the class is coming up; (8) once the employee has attended the session, indicating that the course has now been entered as completed in his/her training history. All emails will go over Groupwise and will appear to be from Kelli Henderson (hendekc).