Frequently Asked Questions
Q - How do I register for HRD courses?
A - You may register for HRD classes by completing a Registration Form, or using our online ATrain system.
To register using a Registration Form, click here. Enter the information for the course for which you wish to register. Then click on the Print button. Mail your registration form to Human Resource Development, Langdon Hall, Auburn University, AL 36849.
Here's how you get into A-Train: Using Microsoft Internet Explorer (A-Train won't work as well with Netscape), go to HRD's web page and click on "A-Train." You will be taken to an A-Train sign-in screen: Use your email name (for example, deerypd) as the User ID and the word "password" (without quotation marks) as your Password. This should get you into A-Train. Once you're in, you can go to the menu item "Profile," select "My Profile," and change your password. If you have password problems contact (844-4145) Pat Deery, Kelli Henderson, or Mike Hill know and we will help you.
Note: You will either be in the system as a level 1 user or level 2 user/supervisor. Those at level 1 can only see their own training history, but those at level 2 can see their history and that of the employees they supervise.
Registering for a course: (1) Go to the menu item "Training"; you will find the prompt "Search for Training " in that pull down menu; click on it.
(2) The next screen will prompt you to enter a "Keyword" from the title of the course that you are looking for. Use the HRD "Schedule of Courses" or Training and Development Guide and enter the course number or some of the title. Then press "Search" to go to the "Search Results":
(3) On this screen click on "Details."
(4) This will provide a "Training Resources Details" screen; in the lower left corner will be a "Events" button. If that button is filled in, clicking on it will produce a schedule for that class.
(5) If you wish to register, click on the "Join" button on the far left. You should receive an email telling you that your status is “REQUESTED.”
(6) An email will be initiated to your supervisor who must approve your attendance.
(7) Once the supervisor approves your attendance, you and your supervisor will be sent an email notifying you that you have been registered for the course if there is room available.
All notification will be by email, and you should receive emails keeping you posted on your status in that course.
Viewing a training history: Go to "History" and pull up your training history. It should be complete; if it isn't let Pat, Kelli, or Mike know.
Want to ask your own question? Click here!