Human Resources > HRD > Performance Management
The Performance Management Process
Administrative/Professional and University Staff Employees
Welcome to the website for Administrative/Professional and University Staff performance management process at Auburn University. This site is designed to provide general information about the University’s performance management process, including resources to assist both supervisors and employees in understanding and following the process.
Auburn University’s performance management process was developed through a collaborative effort allowing input by a representative cross section of individuals within the University community. Interviews with senior executives as well as employee focus groups provided insight into the needs of the University and its supervisors and employees. The performance management process was then designed to
- Respond to focus group feedback;
- Ensure meaningful performance management based on position-specific, job related criteria;
- Provide supervisors and employees with additional optional tools and resources for successful performance improvement;
- Create a consistent process for managing, measuring, and developing individual performance;
- Align individual performance with the values of the University;
- Measure what individuals achieve and how they achieve it;
- Enhance linkages to career development and career paths, where appropriate; and
- Better support compensation decisions.
Forms for Planning and Review
All the forms for the system, both optional and the one required form, are available on this Web site. All forms are available in an electronic and paper form. If you choose to use the electronic versions, be sure to save them on your computer in a location that will enable you to return to them. There are no electronic signatures available for use with the electronic versions. Only the completed Performance Management Planning and Review Form is required to be submitted to Human Resources in January following the completion of the performance year.