We are looking forward to your arrival on campus. Please review the information below to learn more about what to expect when you move into your residence hall. Note, as described below, the starting point or centralized check-in location is the Hay Field which is located on the southeast corner of Lem Morrison Drive and South Donahue Drive. The Hay Field is labeled “Auburn RV Field” on Google maps. War Eagle!
Move-In Dates and Times
The 2018 Move-In Dates:
Monday, August 6* – Returning Sorority Members (Oak, Magnolia, Willow), Plainsman Prep, Honors College Week of Service, Tiger Experience Program (TEP), and new Band members. Times TBD.
Friday, August 10* – Early Move-In (Sorority Recruitment, Army ROTC, Navy ROTC and Returning Band Members). Times TBD.
Thursday, August 16 - Move-In. Times TBD.
*Any students moving in early (prior to August 16) will receive a $90 Early Move-In Fee on their e-Bill.
New band members should register for the Aug 6 move-in, and returning band members have the option to move in on Aug 6 or Aug 10. Everyone will report to the Hay Field to check-in at their assigned time and will be directed to their move-in areas from the Hay Field. For further questions, please refer to your program’s website.
Plainsmen Prep Move-In
Participants in Plainsman Prep should register for the Aug 10 move-in. Everyone will report to the Hay Field to check-in at their assigned time and will be directed to their move-in areas from the Hay Field. For further questions, please refer to your program’s website.
Tiger Excellence Program
Information coming soon.
Returning Sorority Members should register for the Aug 6 move-in, and Potential New Members should register for the Aug 10 move-in. Everyone will report to the Hay Field to check-in at their assigned time and will be directed to their move-in areas from the Hay Field. For further questions, please refer to your program’s website.
Parking During Move-In
On move-in day, everyone will report to the Hay Field to check-in during their assigned time slot. You will get a pass at the Hay Field that you MUST HAVE to enter your move-in areas. From there, you will be directed to your residential area to unload your belongings. Once your car has been unloaded, you will move it to the designated parking lot before taking your belongings to your room.
After move-in is complete, you will move your car to your registered parking zone. If you move-in on an early move-in day, be sure to follow any instructions from Parking Services about parking on the following move-in days.
Information coming soon.
We have started recruiting volunteers for the fall 2018 move in! We want to make sure we welcome our new residents into the Auburn Family in the best way possible! As a volunteer you can sign up for one shift, or all four. All we ask is that you come to move in day energetic and ready to help welcome our students to their home on the plains!
What you will be doing as a volunteer:
- Greeting and unloading cars
- Moving items to the holding area
- Insuring traffic continues to flow
- Volunteers WILL NOT be delivering items to rooms
For more detailed information and real-time updates, please download the Auburn University Move-In 2018 guidebook through the Auburn Guides app.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What if it rains?
- Move-In will continue as scheduled rain or shine. Please check the weather forecast and come prepared.
- How should I label my belongings?
- Please include your student name, building name, room number, and telephone number on each item. Additionally, please make sure each item is 60 lbs or less to avoid any injuries.
- What time should I show up?
- Once you register for a move-in day, a time will be assigned to you. You can register for a move-in day between May 15 and August 1 through your student portal. Your assigned move-in time will be available to view on July 9.
- How many vehicles may I bring?
- Each student can bring up to two vehicles. The maximum unloading time is 15 minutes. To keep move-in areas as clear as possible for emergency vehicles access, no oversized trucks or trailers will be allowed in the move-in areas during scheduled move-in days and times. After unloading the vehicle(s), the drivers should move the vehicle(s) to the designated parking zone.
- Will there be help during move-in?
- Volunteers will be available to help move in incoming residents on our main move-in days. Our campus and community volunteers are excited to welcome you to campus. They will help unload your vehicle and move items to a designated holding are for you to retrieve and move to your room.
- Hall staff will be present during all move-ins to check residents in, answer questions, and welcome residents, family, and friends to Auburn University.
- Can I loft my bed?
- Yes! Beds can be raised or lofted. However, beds cannot be lofted with your own bedlofting system due to safety concerns. Only bedlofts rented through Collegiate Bedloft Company are permitted. Visit the Collegiate Bedloft Company's website to order a bedlofting system, book shelves and other items in their product line.
For more FAQ’s, please download the Auburn University Move-In 2018 guidebook in the Auburn Guides App.