Key Dates and Deadlines
- October 9, 2017 Housing application opens at 9 a.m. (CST)
- January 15, 2018 * Applications received after this date may be placed on standby status
- March 1, 2018 Last day applicants may change their housing application preferences in the student portal
- March 19, 2018 * First round of room assignments are sent to applicants
- April 1 and April 15, 2018 * Additional applicants receive assignments based on availability
- May 1, 2018 Assignments confirmation prepayment due
* on or around specified date
At this time, all new applications will be placed on standby status. These standby status applications will be assigned as space becomes available on or around the 1st and 15th of each month, usually due to cancellations.
How to apply
The housing application for the 2018-19 academic year opens on Monday, October 9, 2017 at 9 a.m. central time (USA). Accepted students are encouraged to apply as early as possible because housing assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis. Students should make a habit of checking their TigerMail account every day to ensure that they receive important correspondence in a timely manner. Below is a summary of the four-part application process.
STEP 1: Confirm Acceptance to Auburn University
Before submitting a housing application, accepted students must pay the $200 confirmation deposit to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. Two to three business days after the deposit is submitted, students will be able to access the housing application.
STEP 2: Complete the Housing Application, Pay the $50 Housing Application Fee, and $250 Application Prepayment
Once access to the housing application is granted, students login with their Auburn username and password and complete the online application. A non-refundable $50 application fee and a refundable $250 application prepayment is due when the application is submitted. The housing application is timestamped only after it is submitted and payment is made.
- The only forms of payment accepted are MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards.
- Applicants electronically sign the lease agreement. When a student is under 19 years of age, a parent/guarantor must also agree to the terms of the lease agreement. By accepting the terms of the lease agreement, the student affirms that the parent/guarantor accepts the lease agreement as well.
- The lease agreement includes both fall and spring semesters.
STEP 3: Check Tiger Mail Account for Applicant’s Receipt
Following submission of the housing application and fees, applicants receive an email to their TigerMail account from Housing which includes an acknowledgment of receipt of the application, prepayment, and timestamp/housing application.
STEP 4: Pay the $200 Assignment Confirmation Prepayment by the Deadline
Room assignments will be sent to the applicant’s TigerMail account with a deadline to confirm their assignment by submitting the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment. Failure to submit the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment by the deadline results in automatic cancellation of the housing assignment and loss of prepayments as outlined below.
After a housing assignment is cancelled, the student must complete a new housing application in order to get another assignment.
- If assignment is received, prior to May 1, 2018.
- The first round of room assignments are sent to applicants on or around March 15, 2018. As space becomes available, additional rounds of assignments are sent on or around April 1 and April 15, 2018.
- To confirm acceptance of room assignments received in March or April, applicants must pay the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment no later than May 1, 2018.
- Failure to submit the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment by the May 1, 2018 results in automatic cancellation of the housing assignment and forfeiture of the $250 application prepayment
- Students declining/cancelling their assignments for any reason prior to May 1, 2018 are refunded all prepayments, but not the nonrefundable application fee.
- Students declining/cancelling their assignments for any reason after May 1, 2018 forfeit all prepayments.
- If assignment is received, after May 1, 2018.
- As space becomes available, usually due to cancellations, additional rounds of assignments are sent on or around first and fifteenth of May, June and July.
- Students receiving room assignments after May 1, 2018 have 10 calendar days to pay the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment.
- Failure to submit the $200 assignment confirmation prepayment by the deadline results in automatic cancellation of the housing assignment and forfeiture of the $250 application prepayment.
- Students declining/cancelling their assignments for any reason prior the 10th calendar day deadline are refunded all prepayments, but not the nonrefundable application fee.
- Students declining/cancelling their assignments for any reason after the 10th calendar day deadline forfeit all prepayments.