Meeting Minutes of the Steering Committee
14 June 2012
3:30 p.m. Room 206 Samford Hall
(by Larry Crowley, Secretary)
In Attendance: Michael Baginski , Tim Boosinger, Larry Crowley, Claire Crutchley, Robin Jaffe, Laura Plexico, Ann Beth Presley, Bill Sauser, Andy Wohrley
Guests: Emmett Winn
Absent: Nedret Billor
-- The meeting was called to order at 3:30 pm
-- The meeting minutes of May 31, 2012 Steering Committee were approved as written.
-- Review of Committee Charges:
- Budget Committee to conform to stated charge in its advisory role
- Academic Computing Committee to collect information on the use of clickers and consider proposing uniformity of clickers across campus.
- Faculty Salaries Committee compare ours with SERB information
- Academic Program Review Committee linking of reports
- Graduation Committee revising membership
- Academic Standards Committee review of GAP policy
- Administrator Evaluation Committee review reports on administrator’s 5-year review. Consider revising front-end menu of annual survey with an Org. Chart formatted buttons for respondent’s selection of appropriate surveys to complete.
- Calendar and Schedules Committee consider Bi-Term semester and Fall Break
- Competitive Research Grant to revise the charge to conform with current practice.
- Core Curriculum and General Education Committee study reducing the number of learning objectives.
-- Potential Topics for monthly meeting with the President
- Budget Advisory Committee fulfillment of charge
- Graduation Committee revision to membership
- Bruno’s Property Status
- Strategic Plan
-- The meeting was adjourned at 4:55 pm.