|VOTE and Faculty Committee Volunteer Needs||Strategic Plan Website||University Senate Homepage|
To view Acts of the Senate for August 2011–June 2012 visit the Archives link at the sidebar.
April 2, 2013
1) Approval of Changes in NR and IN Grade Policy.
2) Approval to change the membership of the Lectures Committee.
3) Approval for the proposed Departmental Award for Excellence in Education.
4) Approval to merge the two committees, Faculty Salaries and Faculty Welfare, into one committee titled the Faculty Salaries and Welfare Committee.
6) A motion was made and adopted by the Senate to refer the Motion on Annual Tenure Review, back to the Faculty Handbook Review Committee before coming before the Senate again.
February 12, 2013
Approval of the Teaching Effectiveness Committee Resolution to modify membership.
January 15, 2013
1) Approval of Senate Committee nominees.
2) Approval of the early alert grade proposal.
In order to facilitate the adjustment of students to the rigors of Auburn University course work, faculty teaching core courses must record in Banner an early alert grade for all students enrolled in those classes one week prior to midterm. This process will permit students to seek tutoring or take other action before the midterm drop deadline.
3) Approval of the Resolution Request for membeship changes to the Writing Committee.
November 6, 2012
Approval of Senate Committee nominees.
2) The recently amended Administrator Hiring Resolution, originally approved by University Senate 10/02/07, was approved as presented with one amendment to #4 changing the word "should" back to "shall."
Last Updated: April 3, 2013