|Volunteer for committees||VOTE||University Senate Homepage|
To view Acts of the Senate for August 2013–June 2014 visit the Archives link at the sidebar.
June 16, 2015
1. Approval of the Revised Policy on Military Credits from Academic Standards, passed unanimously.
2. Vote passed to postpone the proposal from the Senate University Writing Committee to add a Graduate School representative to the committe to the 25 August Senate meeting.
May 19, 2015
Approval for Jim Witte to replace Teresa Gore on the Non-Tenure Track Faculty Committee.
Approval of the slate of Faculty nominees for Senate Committees.
April 7, 2015
1. Approval of the revision to the Faculty Handbook section 3.7.1–3.7.2.
2. Approval of the Make-up Day Policy.
3. The recommendations from the Ad Hoc Strategic Budgeting Committee were approved with an amendment to remove item #1 from the recommendations. This amendment to remove item #1 passed with a vote of 38 to 35. Items 2, 3, and 4 were accepted with a vote of 43 to 27. (recommendations word file)
March 3, 2015
1. Approval of the 2015-17 Rules Committee members.
2. Approval of the Resolution in Support of Including Language in the University Bulletin for Compliance with Alabama Act 2013-350.
3. Approval of changes to summer calendar 2015–2016.
4. Approval of the Academic Calendar 2017–2108. Presentation of all calendar items (ppt)
February 3, 2015
1. Approval of the proposal from Academic Standards Committee: Limiting Repeat of Classes with Grades of D or F.
2. Approval of the proposal from Academic Standards Committee: Revision of Wording of introcution to the CAP Policy.
3. Approval of the replacement member on University Writing Committee.
January 13, 2015
1. Revison of the Conflict of Interest Policy was approved.
2. Adding a Library Representative to the Graduate Council was approved.
November 4, 2014
1. Senate Committee replacement members for Academic Standards and Core Curriculum and General Education were approved.
3. Approval to add a non-voting member from the Library appointed by the Dean of the Libraries to a 3-year term to the Curriculum Committee.
Last Updated:June 18, 2015