|Volunteer for committees||VOTE||University Senate Homepage|
To view Acts of the Senate for April 2008–March 2009 visit the Archives link at the sidebar.
June 8, 2010
Five action items were approved:
May 4 2010
Approval of 10 action items:
The full text of all of these changes (as well as the text of those items that were not approved)
can be found on the Senate's Web page at
March 2, 2010
Approval of the two Rules Committee nominees, Evert Duin, associate professor in the Department of Chemistry and Andrew McLelland, associate professor in the School of Acountancy. (Bio info of nominees)
February 9, 2010
1) Approval to change the membership of the Senate Faculty Research Committee to include one member from each adademic unit on campus. Copy of the proposed change in pdf.
2) Approved the endorsement of Retention Statement from Retention Committee.
January 12, 2010
1) Approval of a change to Article 5, Section 1 of the Senate Constitution, where the words "September through July" were changed to "August through June." Copy of the proposed change.
2) Approval of the first recommendation (i.e., Item 1) of the Core Curriculum and general Education Committee to "Allow more options in Area II (Humanities and Fine Arts) in addition to Philosophy."
3) Approval of the second recommendation (i.e., Item 2) of the Core Curriculum and General Education Committee to "Eliminate Auburn's current organization of the Social Sciences into Group I and Group II."
4) Approval of the third recommendation (i.e., Item 3) of the Core Curriculum and General Education Committee to "Replace requirement for sequences in both literature and history with the requirement for a sequence in one and a single course in the other (i.e. literature sequence and one history or history sequence and one literature)."
November 10, 2009
Approval of the academic calendars for the 2010–2011, 2011–2012,
2012–2013 academic years (Approved calendars)
October 6, 2009
Approval of the Calendar Adjustment Resolution to change the number of class days required for the academic calendar.
Approval of the Resolution of the proposed Accelerated Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree Program.
September 1, 2009
Approval of the Resolution of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer for the establishment of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer positions.
Approval of the Resolution to Change the Name, Membership and Charge of the Core Curriculum
Oversight Committee with the amended membership description (original presentation). Resolution with amended membership.
July 14, 2009
Senate Committe Nominees for terms expiring in August 2012 were approved.
June 9, 2009
May 5, 2009
Approval of the new Rules Committee members. (Bio info of nominees)
April 28, 2009-Specially called Senate Meeting
1) Approval of the legislative letter concerning procedures for tuition increases.
2) Approval of the resolution concerning procedures for tuition increases.
April 7, 2009
Approval of Senate appointee, Larry Crowley, to the Steering Committee.
Last Updated: May 26, 2011