F20 Building Demolition
- Hazardous Materials Abatement
- Asbestos Abatement
- Demolition, renovation or remodeling projects are likely to involve some asbestos
abatement. The University will provide all current information on identified
asbestos on any site; but the Designer may encounter questionable material which
may contain asbestos. If the material cannot be positively identified, report it to the
University for further direction. A separate prime construction contract may be
appropriate for asbestos abatement work.
- It is noted that the Designer shall provide a design for asbestos removal, if
required, as part of the design contract as per the State Construction Manual.
- Contact Auburn University Risk Management to obtain latest Asbestos Control
- Survey shall be performed to determine extent of lead based paint or other lead
- Other Materials
- Surveys shall be performed to determine extent of other hazardous materials that could
be encountered in a project.