F10 Special Construction
- Lightning Protection
- All buildings shall have (passive type) lightning protection system.
- UL Master Label or LPI System Certificate to be provided; lightning protection system
to be installed by qualified UL or LPI installer; lightning protection system specification
to be provided and installed system to comply with NFPA 780, UL96, and UL96A.
- Card Access
- Meet with Facilities Division personnel from Access Control at the beginning of the
project to coordinate the requirements for card access on each project.
- Card access shall be installed on all large classrooms, main after hours entrances and
- Card access control panel shall be located in a telecommunications room. Verify that
sufficient space is allocated for equipment.
- Card access system shall be Best BASIS/Lenel.
- Each building’s security requirements shall be determined through a conference with
designers, Facilities Division personnel, the University Architect, and
- Obtain additional specifications from Auburn University Security Tech. Supervisor.
- All new buildings shall be equipped with card access, which shall be operational in offpeak
hours (typically 9pm-6am). Computer Labs shall be secured from 5pm-7am.
- If ADA operator is used on any card access door, the door shall have both swipe reader
and proximity reader tied into BASIS.
- Any door monitored by Access Control systems that does not have a card reader shall
have a P1R (motion detector) RTE (roughest to exit) device to mask exiting traffic.
- If CCTV cameras are used, all head-end equipment shall be compatible with NICEVision