- Stairs, including fire exit stairs, shall be finished with premium grade rubber treads. Compatible sheet rubber flooring may be used on landings. Risers may be painted. Premium grade rubber treads do not include products with wax and low rubber content.
- Stair nosing to be extruded aluminum alloy base with an abrasive filler locked into extruded channels of the base.
- Magnetic hold-open doors that close automatically when the fire alarm is activated are desirable for enclosed stairwells.
- Natural light in stairwells is considered desirable.
- Vertical pickets on for stair railing are required in lieu of horizontal.
- Staircases must meet all applicable building codes; where two codes are in conflict the most strenuous requirements shall be used.1.7.
- Place electrical outlets on each stairwell landing. Provide (1) 20 amp convenience duplex outlet per landing.