A20 Basement Construction
- A basement is considered a story.
- Basement drainage systems must be drawn and detailed to show the path of water from its source into some existing drainage structure. This drainage system must be coordinated with the Civil Drawings. It is preferred that drainage systems not rely on pumps or other mechanical means to remove water; instead a positive gravity outfall situation shall be created.
- If equipment is housed in the basement, there must be a way to access, service, and remove all equipment without making alterations to the building
- See Appendix J for various water proofing details.
- For below grade waterproofing use sheet waterproofing such as Bithuthene 3000 as manufactured by WR Grace. Manufacturers of equivalent systems include Carlisle and WR Meadows.
- All sheet waterproofing shall be protected by protection board/drainage mat assemblies.
- Below grade shall be terminated with a termination bar at footings and counterflashings in the cavity wall assembly. All waterproofing membranes must be installed to a minimum of 8” above the height of exterior finish grade.
- All waterproofing membranes must be installed to a minimum of 8” above the height of exterior finish grade.
Mar 24, 2011