Fitness and Fitness Assessment
Staying active and leading a healthy lifestyle will
help keep you a Healthy Tiger!
- Healthy Tigers Wellness Initiative
For employees who subscribe to the AU health insurance plan. Participating in health and wellness screenings can result in a a $25.00 per month credit on their premiums.
- ACES Health and Nutrition Site Extension educators are striving to introduce Alabamians of all ages and backgrounds to the lifestyle practices they must adopt to avoid obesity and other factors that contribute to chronic disease.
- AU Adaptive Recreation and Athletics A campus organization developing extracurricular activities for students, faculty, and staff with disabilities. Currently, they have students competing in wheelchair basketball and wheelchair tennis.
- AUM Wellness Center Start your journey to better health and fitness and join us at the Auburn Montgomery Wellness Center. For more information or questions, please email us.
- Campus Dining Healthy dining options on campus
- Campus Recreation and Wellness Hours
Campus Recreation fosters engagement, leadership, learning and wellness through quality programs, state-of-the-art facilities, and a professional and highly qualified staff. Structured Intramural and Club Sports, Informal Recreation, Fitness and Nutrition programs and services encourage the Auburn University community to develop lifelong patterns of healthy living.
- Exercise is Medicine - Look for launch of program in 2014.
- Fitness & Nutrition Assessments Fitness assessments to determine blood pressure, body composition, cardiovascular fitness, flexibility, muscular strength, and endurance are offered
- Follow the Paws! Walking Routes
Employees, students and visitors to Auburn University are encouraged to incorporate exercise into each day and take a walk around campus. This year, new Auburn orange tiger paws have been painted around campus designating three new walking trails - two 1-mile loops and one 3-mile loop.
- Healthly Habits Comprehensive service that focuses on disease prevention.
- Human Resources Employee Wellness Handbook
- Lifetime Wellness & Fitness Program Provide information, knowledge, and opportunities to develop a healthy lifestyle and make a lifelong commitment to wellness and fitness.
- Nutritional Services Email - email@example.com for inquiries regarding programs and services and associated costs.
- Technology and Websites
Auburn University App View Healthy Dining options
There are numerous devices and websites that are available to support exercise, nutrition monitoring and weight management
- TigerFit Includes a physician exam, complete blood profile, pulmonary function & body composition assessments, graded exercise test with blood pressure and ECG and an orthopedic evaluation.
- Alabama Dept. Public Health GAL program Created to educate, enlighten, and inspire women to take time out for themselves and get healthy.
Your to do list is long and your activity schedule is full. Put your
health on your to-do list! Do the little things today for a healthy
life tomorrow. Go get a healthy life.
- Auburn Masters Swimmers
A club for lap swimmers, fitness swimmers, triathletes, and competitive swimmers. It is made up of students, faculty, and people from the wider Auburn community and encompass a wide range of abilities and ages.
- Auburn Opelika Running and Track Association AORTA
For those interested in
getting in on organized runs or finding a local race on the calendar.
- BCBS Be Healthy
- Bicycle Auburn Weekly Ride Schedule For those interested in biking.
BCBS Walking Works
AU Campus - Lunch time group meets at Human Resource Development location
AU Campus - After work group meets at 5:00 PM at College of Veterinary Medicine