Salary Wage Transfers
Frequently Asked Questions
Faculty & Research Personnel


What if I do not have the SSB Menu Item?
Make sure that your Area Computing Coordinator requested the correct security.

What if I do not see my sponsored project?
Make sure you are a PI or a CO-PI. This is done by contacting Contracts and Grants Accounting.

What if I see someone who is not my employee?
It may be that they have a non-sponsored program that is listed from your area. If this is the case, either certify it or correct it with a SWT and certify it. If this is not the case, then the employee's home org may be listed incorrectly. Inform HR and ISS.

Who can unlock a document?
The dean's office can unlock the document.

Who is notified when a salary wage transfer is ready?
For sponsored projects, the Principal Investigator.

Who can sign off on a sponsored project?
Principal Investigators (PIs), Co-Principal Investigators (CO-PIs). Department heads, deans and associate deans of research of those PIs can also sign off in an emergency.

Who can sign off for Principal Investigators?
Principal Investigators and Co-Principal Investigators. Department heads, deans and associate deans of research for those PIs and CO-PIs can sign off by proxy.

Who can sign off on a non-sponsored FOAPAL?
Department admins, department heads, salary wage transfer contacts, dean admins, deans, associate deans of research, financial managers

Is a Revised PAR required?
No. The reasoning is that the effort certification generated in the next quarter will certify the PAR and the SWT signatures certify the FOAPALs.



Contracts and Grants Accounting
208 M. White Smith Hall      381 Mell Street
Auburn University, AL 36849
Phone 334-844-4847      Fax 334-844-4844

Auburn University | Auburn, Alabama 36849 | (334) 844-4000
Website Feedback | Privacy | Copyright ©