Payroll & Employee Benefits
Termination Information for Employees
This information was gathered to provide an employee leaving the University with information concerning termination.
W-2 AddressIf applicable, update your address:
- Through Self-Service Banner or
- Notify the Office of Human Resources
Health/Dental InsuranceCoverage will be discontinued effective with the last day of the pay period which includes your last day worked. However, you may continue medical and dental insurance coverage under the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (COBRA). Information regarding your rights to coverage continuation will be mailed to your address of record. Completed forms must be returned to the address and by the deadlines included in the materials sent to you. Questions should be directed to Human Resources, Benefits.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)Eligible expenses may be incurred up until termination date. You will then have 90 days following termination to file for reimbursement of eligible expenses. Questions should be directed to Human Resources, Benefits.
Contact Information for Other Health and Welfare Benefits:
|Vision Care||Kori Davis @ Johnson Sterling, Inc.||334-887-5533|
|Cancer Ins. With Colonial||Kori Davis @ Johnson Sterling, Inc.||334-887-5533|
|Group Life Ins. w/The Standard||Taree Murphy||800-962-1672, ext. 0162|
|Supplemental Life Ins. w/Colonial||Kori Davis @ Johnson Sterling, Inc.||334-887-5533|
|Supplemental Long-term Disability||Kori Davis @ Johnson Sterling, Inc.||334-887-5533|
Retirement Systems of AlabamaOnce a member terminates employment prior to retirement eligibility, he or she has three options:
- If the member is vested (has at least 10 years of service), retirement contributions may be left in the system until age 60. The member may apply for service retirement to be effective the first of the month following attainment of age 60.
- With less than 10 years of service, the member may leave contributions in the system for up to five years. If the member has not returned to employment as a participating member, the account will be terminated and contributions plus any refundable accrued interest will be payable to the member.
- The member may withdraw all retirement contributions and refundable interest. Member contributions are only refunded at the request of the member upon termination of employment and application for refund. To request a refund complete RSA Form 7, Notice of Final Deposit and Request for Refund and send to Payroll & Employee Benefits. Refunds may be subject to a federal tax penalty.
Tax Deferred Annuities Plan 403(b) and Deferred Compensation Plan 457(b)Withdrawn contributions which were made on a tax deferred basis will be considered taxable income in the year in which they are received and, if you are younger than 59 1/2 years of age, the amount will be subject to a tax penalty. Questions concerning withdrawal of funds or retirement income should be directed to the contacts listed below:
|Fidelity Investments||Andrea Leota||404-330-4815|
|Lincoln Financial Group||Aiyisha Adams||844-244-1942|
|TIAA||Jim Hogan||800-842-2003 x 263508|
|VALIC (Auburn)||Cindy Haynes
|VALIC (AUM)||Michael Probst||334-235-0654|