Preferred Vendor Contracts
Mayer Electric has been selected as our preferred vendor for electrical products & supplies. This agreement is effective as of June 1, 2021 and will be for an initial term of three (3) years.
Frequently Asked Questions
This competitively bid contract includes the following products:
- - Batteries
- - Boxes & Covers
- - Conduit, Fittings, & Bodies
- - Controls, Automation, & Drives
- - Distribution Equipment
- - Enclosures, Junction Boxes, Wireway & Trough
- - Fuses, Fuse Blocks, & Fuse Holders
- - Grounding & Lightning Protections
- - Heating & Ventilating Fans
- - Light Controls: Dimmers, Occ Sensors, Photo Cells
- - Lighting, Ballasts, Lamps
- - Motion, Motors
- - Plugs, Receptacles, & Plates
- - Switches
- - Terminal & Distribution Blocks
- - Tools, Measuring & Testing
- - Transformers, UPS, Surge Protection
- - Utility & Pole Line Products
- - Wire & Cable Fittings, Straps, Staples
- - Wire, Cable, Cords
- - Wire Connectors, Lugs, Clips, Terminals, Wire-Nut, Wire Management, Wire Terminations & Splices
Trey Handey is Auburn University's Account Manager. He can be reached at the following:
For general contract questions, please contact Matthew Pike in PBS. He can be reached at the following:
- Office Phone: (334) 844-3630
Orders can be placed by phone with Trey Handey or the local branch via the contact information above. If an order will exceed $4999.99, a requisition will need to be prepared and approved. Once PBS receives and approves the requisition, Matthew Pike will place the order using his P-Card and orders will be charged back to the departments.
In addition to the above order method, Mayer Electric is working with PBS to integrate within JAGGAER for a complete online shopping experience. Updates will be provided later this year regarding changes to the purchasing process once JAGGAER has been implemented.
Deliveries can be made via a Mayer Electric truck daily. There are no freight charges on standard deliveries to the University. Expedited delivery can be provided based on product availability. However, freight will be charged to accommodate non-standard shipping requirements.
Items may be returned to the branch or distribution center from which the items were shipped subject to Mayer.
Mayer is a distributor for many major manufacturers; click here
to view a line card.